PDA

View Full Version : What Program Do You Use to Make Samples from Pre-Recorded Music

prodigee
Sep 25, 2009, 11:05 PM
Hello one and all,

Basically I am trying to create some mashups and remixes of current songs, and I was wondering what would be the best program to use to make samples of the songs, I am using Ableton Live 7 to create the mashup but I can't for some reason get the samples I made in there to render, so I need a program so that I can make samples, and finish the mashup that I am trying to do.

Many thanks,

prodigee

prodigee
Sep 28, 2009, 05:24 PM
Ok well I have made my samples, but now my next dilemma is what program to use to make the mixes. I am trying ableton 7 right now ( my friend had a spare license and owed me big time so he gave it to me) but none the less, for what ever reason I cannot get the clips to have their own independent time, for whatever reason the instrumental plays just fine, but the vocals have been slowed down to a new extreme that kills the mix. So I guess what I am really asking is where can I find some good ableton tutorials that isnt youtube.

prodigee
Sep 30, 2009, 03:24 PM
Bump.

musio
Sep 30, 2009, 04:15 PM
the best tutorials out there are on youtube!

prodigee
Oct 6, 2009, 03:23 PM
Is there anyone here with any experience with Ableton? And if someone knows a better program for me to use (I dont plan to do live shows for a VERY long time). I have tried AudioMulch and it really just doesn't offer what I need. And GarageBand is not an option, doing the simplest of things on there takes forever. Anyway, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-prodigee

bowzer
Oct 6, 2009, 04:07 PM
for what ever reason I cannot get the clips to have their own independent time, for whatever reason the instrumental plays just fine, but the vocals have been slowed down to a new extreme that kills the mix

you should be able to find a tutorial on how to timestretch vocals on youtube, but here's a very basic one off the top of my head.

in the sequener view (icon is the 3 horizontal lines, top right of the screen), make a new audio channel.

drag the audio clip to that channel. the sample will get stretched to the closest timing/bars, sometimes it works, sometimes its messed up.

either way, select the audio sample, and uncheck "warp" at the bottom where all the clips settings are. then click warp again, it will ask you if u want to keep the old settings, or apply a new warp.

select a new warp.

then in the waveform at the bottom, you can double click at the top of the wavform to add a marker. then drag that marker to where you want the part of the sample to line up.

sorry for the vague descriptions - private message me to chat further.

prodigee
Oct 6, 2009, 07:21 PM
PM sent.

deej999
Oct 8, 2009, 07:32 AM
Audacity. Quick and easy and free.

prodigee
Oct 8, 2009, 02:53 PM
Audacity. Quick and easy and free.

Thats what I do to make the samples. I need tutorials really on Ableton so I can mix the samples and make mashups.

deej999
Oct 9, 2009, 05:46 PM
For tutorials I like www.macprovideo.com

They got offers on downloads
https://www.macprovideo.com/cart/code/09GreenSale50

and subscription
https://www.macprovideo.com/subscribe/?st=save25

Nice :D
deej

prodigee
Oct 9, 2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks bro, I will be sure to check to check out those tutorials.