PDA

View Full Version : Need to buffer a web stream & match it up with TV

vzippa5
Sep 26, 2009, 09:05 AM
Hello, I have a unique advice request for the audio forum:

I want to run a radio stream of a football game into my mac, where the stream is "buffered" or made to wait, so that it may sync up with the same football game on TV (which happens to be 7-10 seconds delayed, behind the radio broadcast)

The TV broadcasters for the Football Team in my area (Philadelphia Eagles) are inferior to the radio broadcasters, and that is why I would prefer to listen to the radio broadcast and watch the game on TV.

I have a Macbook, and thought that the app AudioHijack would work for this task, but the VST effects I have installed do not Delay the signal in the way that I had planned - they only provide 1-2 seconds of delay and I would prefer to simply buffer the signal by a manually adjusted amount of time (manual so that I may adjust it and get it just right).

Any ideas?

zimv20
Sep 26, 2009, 10:39 AM
interesting problem.

audiohijack runs VST plugins, of which there are many. i googled "vst plugins delay 10 seconds" and came up with some hits, so you may get lucky and find one that works for you.

you'll need one where you can listen to only the effect and not the original signal (probably in the form of a 'mix' knob), and where you can set it to "echo" only once.

good luck!

vzippa5
Sep 26, 2009, 11:52 AM
thanks for the help.
I found an AU called buffer/delay and it seems to work, but this effect buffers by "an exact number of sample frames" - it has a slider for 128 sample frames which seems like a few seconds.