PDA

View Full Version : Windows Service Pack 2 will be late - says Microsoft

MacBytes
Jul 12, 2004, 01:00 PM
Category: Microsoft
Link: Windows Service Pack 2 will be late - says Microsoft (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040712140032)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

nagromme
Jul 12, 2004, 01:21 PM
Of course, MS being late with critical fixes for current customers is just fine. Apple being late with a new product intro is doom! ;)

At the end:

"Separately, Microsoft on Monday said it plans to begin a new service for partners called Windows Marketplace. The service will include an online shopping and download site that will let partner buy software and hardware that works with Windows. The company is partnering with CNET Networks, the publisher of News.com, to launch the site later this year."

In case anyone doubted that CNET/NEWS.com/ZDNET were in Microsoft's pocket.

OhEsTen
Jul 12, 2004, 03:15 PM
Thanks for clearing that up nagromme. Those c|net zd|net buttholes.

What next? Praise to m$ for delaying longhorn to 2007? This is the un-biased journalism we've come to expect in this great "free-enterprise"

FMALL

Mav451
Jul 12, 2004, 03:20 PM
...and this is news to who?

It will be more humorous to see the people who post on this thread actually pretending to be shocked at this announcement.

Well, I look forward to getting an occasional giggle from this thread. Carry on.

Fender2112
Jul 12, 2004, 04:21 PM
<giggle> <giggle>

Sun Baked
Jul 12, 2004, 04:40 PM
...and this is news to who?

It will be more humorous to see the people who post on this thread actually pretending to be shocked at this announcement.

Well, I look forward to getting an occasional giggle from this thread. Carry on.All you'll get is us pretending to be shocked at something coming out late in the MS camp.

Real shock comes when something ships early and at lower price than originally stated by MS.

Heck people would be placed in the hospital from the shock if MS actually announced that they were lowering prices on their core products retail and lease prices. ;)

killmoms
Jul 12, 2004, 05:51 PM
"It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Microsoft for backing up SP2's release to August. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been promised that the service pack was to be delivered in July. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it. Enderle swallowed it easily, with the stupidity of an animal. The eyeless creature at the other table swallowed it fanatically, passionately, with a furious desire to track down, denounce, and vaporize anyone who should suggest that last week the release date had been July. Thurrott, too—in some more complex way, involving doublethink, Thurrott swallowed it. Was he, then, alone in the possession of a memory?"

With apologies to George Orwell.

--Cless

Nermal
Jul 12, 2004, 06:34 PM
Microsoft said Monday that the long-awaited update of Windows XP will be sent to manufacturing in August

Manufacturing? So does this mean we'll have to order CDs or something? :eek:

DJY
Jul 13, 2004, 03:15 AM
I'm glad to be finally free of Windows!

And at this rate - my PC that is still sitting on my desk (only 18months old) won't get any more time or attention...

lovin my Powerbook too much...

nagromme
Jul 13, 2004, 02:34 PM
Congratulations. I'm very happy with my 15" but the 17" ones are pretty amazing and thin.