Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AzZellon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
Hi there,

I have an issue with my Iphone since it got destroyed literally, the good thing is that I have the backup files stored on my PC, I bought a new phone but not an Apple, I know that the contacts are saved on the backup files and im trying to send them to my Ipod touch but I cant manage to do that.. Is there anyway at all that I can get these contacts from the backup files ?

Your help is much appreciated..

AzZellon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
iTunes cuz I had to backup my iPhone once before when everything got deleted.. And the contacts were restored back to my phone.. I did everything via iTunes and the iPhone.. All i need is the contacts thats it..

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
iTunes cuz I had to backup my iPhone once before when everything got deleted.. And the contacts were restored back to my phone.. I did everything via iTunes and the iPhone.. All i need is the contacts thats it..

Yes, what program did you choose in iTunes to sync your contacts (Outlook or Windows Address Book for Windows or Address Book for a Mac)? That's where your contacts are.

xIGmanIx

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008

i don't think your going to restore your contacts from you iphone to another device, but i could be wrong. Maybe some one would hook you up and let you use their phone to do a restore and copy them over to outlook or whatever.

corlet322

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2013
I kept my contacts in iTunes and i can not read them in the computer. It is just stored the data in the iTunes and you may recover the data if you lost it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.