Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Anyone been invited to the Recruitment seminar next wednesday for the new store opening at Cribbs Causeway? I'm really excited!

Sentral

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2009
I got an invite today, only created a profile a few days ago!
Was quite nervous about it as I didn't have a clue what to expect, but after Reading the thread about it on here it doesn't sound too bad, just I
hope I get through!

What type of thing are you going to wear?

good luck! :)

Sentral

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2009
Received an email today congratulating me on making the final interview! Anyone else?

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2006
Yes its in the Mall

Only heard about the new store yesterday.

Its going to replace the old HMV store as they have taken over where virgin were.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I was in the Cabot Circus store on Thursday and when I asked they thought it was going to be in the next two or three weeks. But they had not been given a definitive date. I am sure they will try and open before Christmas if they can.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Well I am in the line for the new store opening got here at about 8.20am. The line is not that long. There are about 50 people in front of me.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
20 mins to go, can here lots of clapping and cheering from the store, presumably a warm up for the store opening.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
10 mins to go. A few members of staff just came out cheering and clapping, handing out new store opening leaflets.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
It was a lot of fun, my first Apple Store opening experience. Have seen a lot of youtube and MacForum videos of other store openings around the world, but never the same experience as being there. When I came outside talked briefly to the Boots Store Manager, who are next door to Apple. He was saying that it was going to be good for all the other stores in The Mall, that Apple was now there.

It was priceless seeing the faces of the other shoppers, who had come to do some christmas shopping, who had no idea what was going on as bands of Apple store employees came out cheering and clapping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.