PDA

View Full Version : What will Apple replace 3rd gen refurb Nano with?

cosmokanga2
Sep 28, 2009, 02:43 PM
Today I called Apple regarding my 3rd Generation refurb 8GB iPod Nano not syncing my calendars or contacts. It has never been able to and I just got around to calling them to day after getting sick and tired of having to manually sync the files 4-5 times a day.

Anyway, they don't have a solution, short of reinstalling the OS, (which I don't think will fix it) so next time I'm at an Apple Store, I'm going to go in and hopefully get a replacement. My question is what will they replace it with?

Will they replace it based on the purchase price, which would then mean a 8GB nano or by capacity which would mean a 16GB nano? I would prefer a 16GB because with the new nano having video, radio and mic there is even less space for music.

Anyone had a similar experience?

jaw04005
Sep 28, 2009, 03:44 PM
They replaced my iPod photo with another iPod photo some 21 months after I had it (I had AppleCare). However, that was AppleCare phone support not the Apple Store.

gan6660
Sep 28, 2009, 04:04 PM
They will replace it will the same nano you have now.

cosmokanga2
Sep 28, 2009, 04:15 PM
They will replace it will the same nano you have now.

Do you think they would have a 3rd generation iPod in store or would they ship one? I actually prefer the size and shape of the 3rd gen anyway.

gan6660
Sep 28, 2009, 04:25 PM
Do you think they would have a 3rd generation iPod in store or would they ship one? I actually prefer the size and shape of the 3rd gen anyway.

Depends on the size of the store but they most likely will. I brought a 1st gen nano in when the 3rd gens were out and they had refurb 1st gens available so its probable thatthey will.