PDA

View Full Version : Mayer/Maroon5 Concert Powerbook!

Calvinatir
Jul 13, 2004, 01:21 AM
So im sitting in my awesome 5th row seats at this concert Near portland, Oregon, minding my own business and i look at the side of the stage and see that all too familiar apple glow, sure enough its a nice little 12" PB most likely controlling the sound at the concert, just thought that was pretty cool, Check it out in the pic attached--PB obviously highlighted

kgarner
Jul 13, 2004, 11:35 AM
On a somewhat unrelated note. How was the show? I like botho fthese guys and would love to catch the concert when they come around to my area?

michaelrjohnson
Jul 13, 2004, 12:03 PM
Do you know where the live show "trading" site is? I've gone to several John Mayer concerts and there is no problem recording. I know theyre's a place where people trade live recordings, but I haven't been able to find it. If you can find it, please let me know! :)

Koodauw
Jul 13, 2004, 12:24 PM
You didn't get to see Big City Rock with Maroon 5 did you?
Just curious.

Calvinatir
Jul 13, 2004, 12:58 PM
On a somewhat unrelated note. How was the show? I like botho fthese guys and would love to catch the concert when they come around to my area?

I thought the show was awesome, i had great seats, the sound quality was awesome and both of the groups put on a superb show. They only come around the west coast once a year so see them while you can!

Calvinatir
Jul 13, 2004, 01:00 PM
Do you know where the live show "trading" site is? I've gone to several John Mayer concerts and there is no problem recording. I know theyre's a place where people trade live recordings, but I haven't been able to find it. If you can find it, please let me know! :)

I don't know where the live show trading sight is, you're correct though that you CAN record it legally. I have several MP3's from the live concerts on my computer. I'll look and see if i can find it.

No, i did not see Big Rock City with Maroon 5, the opener of the show was DJ Logic and i wasn't too impressed.

Wick
Jul 31, 2004, 12:07 PM
Sorry for the late post. That powerbook belongs to a friend of mine. He has been traveling with Mayer for about 4 years now. Him and Mayer both sport powerbooks and G5s with 23 inch HDs in the tour bus.

Check out http://forums.thejmtp.com for taped shows. There are alot of good ones from this summer already out.

Abstract
Jul 31, 2004, 06:28 PM
Cool, its funny how so much can be done with a machine that's so small.

stoid
Jul 31, 2004, 09:48 PM
Yeah, Mayer is a HUGE Apple fan. Hence his demoing of GarageBand with Steve. Apparently he came into the Apple Retail Store here in St. Louis, and they didn't recognize him, and he got a little ticked.

jefhatfield
Jul 31, 2004, 09:51 PM
i think the ultra fast G4 processor in that powerbook is controlling mayer's ultra fast fingers playing that guitar...man, mayer is a guitar monster!

i thought he was a folk dude only, ;) , then i see him on tv and he can easily hold his own with the G3 Tour...Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and a "third" guest which has included the likes of Steve Morse, Yngwie Malmsteen, John Petrucci, and other guitar shredders found on places like shrapnel records

i haven't heard maroon5...are they kind of a post grunge band?

kaylie_kipe
Jul 31, 2004, 10:06 PM
My brother went to their concert at Red Rocks in Colorado and he said that John Mayer talked about power books quite a bit. He said he wished he could have a carnival in the backyard where if you win at a game you would win a power book. That would be so much cooler than goldfish!

Abstract
Aug 1, 2004, 12:11 AM
i haven't heard maroon5...are they kind of a post grunge band?

Well, imagine if Justin Timberlake had a band. Yep, that would be Maroon 5. :p

I remember hearing the Maroon 5 album around 2 years ago. It was around the time Justin Timberlake was about to release a solo album, Justified, and I hadn't heard it. I didn't know much about it, either, so I didn't know what to expect. I don't listen to the radio, either, so I didn't hear his single. Anyway, a friend gave me the Maroon 5 album as mp3s (yeah, I know, I know), and when I heard Shiver and another song, possibly "This Love Is" or something, I thought it was a new Justin Timberlake band. :o My friend did as well.

"This love has taken it's toll on me......"

virividox
Aug 1, 2004, 03:27 AM
i love both john mayer and maroon 5; try get to get some of their non album stuff some of its really great and better than their produced work

brap
Aug 1, 2004, 05:50 AM
Well, when I went to see KMFDM a couple of weeks back they had a 12" iBook doing something or other, and Skinny Puppy after that had a 15" Al PB right on top of a huge-ass tower of processing equipment.

Conversely, SP's support used a Packard Bell. They sucked. :cool:

Would have taken photos, but I would have been totally thrown out of both venues...

Persistent1
Aug 12, 2004, 05:18 PM
to everyone::-))

http://forums.thejmtp.com/

the offical john mayer tape trading site is here:

unfotunately, they recently moved servers so the shows(most of them) are still awaiting to be reposted. Right now there aint much..here are some others if your interested....enjoy;-)

http://bt.score1more4me.com/

http://www.sharingthegroove.org/

----- john ROCKS!!! & so does Apple;-)------

-Craig

scem0
Aug 12, 2004, 10:42 PM
Well, imagine if Justin Timberlake had a band. Yep, that would be Maroon 5. :p

I remember hearing the Maroon 5 album around 2 years ago. It was around the time Justin Timberlake was about to release a solo album, Justified, and I hadn't heard it. I didn't know much about it, either, so I didn't know what to expect. I don't listen to the radio, either, so I didn't hear his single. Anyway, a friend gave me the Maroon 5 album as mp3s (yeah, I know, I know), and when I heard Shiver and another song, possibly "This Love Is" or something, I thought it was a new Justin Timberlake band. :o My friend did as well.

"This love has taken it's toll on me......"

The lead singer has a very throaty sound and justin timberlake has a very nasal sound. They sound totally different. Instrumentally I'd say they sound different, too, but I'm no expert in that field.

scem0