Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpsimm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
First Generation Mac with scanner. Operable and loaded with graphics arts software. Was used by my sister who is a retired commercial illustrator. Mouse too. Maybe some other stuff. I can't store it any longer and will give it to someone who will appreciate the historical value.

Catch? You have to come to southern California and get it. All or nothing please. The scanner is much too big and heavy to ship. Other details, serial nrs, pics on request.:apple:

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
What model is it?

+1

Personally the first Macintosh i'd consider would be something like the Apple I but if your talking "Macintosh" then it'll have to be the 1984 release model. M0001.

skitched-20090930-034105.jpg

JRLfrom68k

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2009
Well, that might be true, but the M0001 didn't have a hard drive, so it can't be loaded with software. :p

Plus, "First Generation" might be referring to a compact mac besides the M0001.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Well, that might be true, but the M0001 didn't have a hard drive, so it can't be loaded with software. :p

Plus, "First Generation" might be referring to a compact mac besides the M0001.

You are right, initially they're shipped with the floppy only, but actually there is a version with a 40Mb HD and double the RAM.

I think the OP is being a little too vague. I'll be interested if it's a SE/30 but will he/she ship to the UK? and at what cost?:eek:

JRLfrom68k

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2009
You are right, initially they're shipped with the floppy only, but actually there is a version with a 40Mb HD and double the RAM.

You mean a 40 MB HD and 256k of RAM? I don't think so. xD There was never a Mac model with 256k of RAM.

Buzz Bumble

Oct 19, 2008
New Zealand
Personally the first Macintosh i'd consider would be something like the Apple I

The Apple I is not a "Macintosh" by any definition.

The first Mac was released in 1984 as you said, although it was basically a more compact version of the slightly earlier "Lisa" which was later spec-bumped and renamed the "Macintosh XL".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.