PDA

View Full Version : How come in Apple TV's specifications it just says Intel Processor but not Pentium M?

n459umb4786ers
Sep 29, 2009, 02:54 PM
How come in Apple TV's specifications it just says Intel Processor but not Pentium M?

http://www.apple.com/appletv/specs.html

dynaflash
Sep 29, 2009, 02:58 PM
er, ask apple ?

jaw04005
Sep 29, 2009, 02:59 PM
Because Apple doesn't consider it necessary information. They don't disclose the iPod or iPhone processor either. Not to mention, Intel ceased production on the Pentium M processor in 2008. For all we know, it's whatever Intel gives them (Dothan variant, clock speed may vary, down-clocked to 1Ghz, etc).

You would think Intel would run out of Dothan processors eventually, though.

OllyW
Sep 29, 2009, 03:03 PM
It doesn't really matter, it's not like you are going to install programs on it and need to know if the processor is powerful enough.

n459umb4786ers
Sep 29, 2009, 03:04 PM
I thought it was because when laptops were using Pentium M Apple was still using PowerPC processors and they said PowerPC G3 was way better. But now they are using Pentium M on Apple TV so they are being a hypocrite.

Thomas Harte
Sep 29, 2009, 03:31 PM
I thought it was because when laptops were using Pentium M Apple was still using PowerPC processors and they said PowerPC G3 was way better. But now they are using Pentium M on Apple TV so they are being a hypocrite.
Was this thread entirely a long-winded flamebait?

n459umb4786ers
Sep 29, 2009, 04:32 PM
Was this thread entirely a long-winded flamebait?

Whatever that means...

NT1440
Sep 29, 2009, 04:37 PM

G3? Where the hell have you been in the last few years man? :rolleyes:

Thomas Harte
Sep 29, 2009, 04:43 PM
Whatever that means...

A thread is a collection of messages forming a conversation.

Something is long-winded if it is of a longer-than-normal length so as to be more tedious than usual.

Flamebait is internet slang for a post designed to infuriate its audience.