Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VIP4JC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
so i am doing video recording for a small church.

i found a software(thanks to the people that posted to my other message) that will allow me to have 4 video sources.

so now i am trying to find out how can i connect the cameras to my macbook to be able to assign them the right number.

i have two HD 120gighd sony camcorders.
and one HD mini dv sony camcorder.

these are the ones that i need to connect.

is there a hardware component that i need to buy?

thanks a lot for all the help.

electroshock

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
so i am doing video recording for a small church. i found a software(thanks to the people that posted to my other message) that will allow me to have 4 video sources. so now i am trying to find out how can i connect the cameras to my macbook to be able to assign them the right number.

i have two HD 120gighd sony camcorders. and one HD mini dv sony camcorder. these are the ones that i need to connect. is there a hardware component that i need to buy?

How do the camcorders connect to the MB? USB or Firewire? My guess is you might need to purchase a Firewire or USB hub, depending on how they hook up.

MWPULSE

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
London
i think your in the wrong forum, this is Digi Audio, try the digi Video next time :)

But anyways assuming you have USB on the cameras then thats the way, but you probably wont be able to use a hub, due to bit rate issues, so if you have a firewire camera and 2 usb ones, thats what you can connect. Theres only 2 USB and a firewire 400, there is also a FW800 on the older models, not too sure if they discontinued the FW400 on the uni Macbook pros see?

PTP

VIP4JC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
yes i am sorry i put this on the wrong forum.

i will repost it in the video one.

sorry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.