Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Do you think this is a sign that the site is being updated, to show the new iPod touch with camera??...

Taken 2 mins ago:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    326.1 KB · Views: 449

DrawnToLife

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
He's not a downer. If they came October 14th, what would Apple do with the mass amounts of 3rd Gens that they made? Explain to me that.

MomoRacer

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2008
Oct 14 but that's just me.

I agree. Last year they updated the macs on Oct.14. I think they'll update the macs and ipod touch w/camera. I also think the camera will only be on the 32/64 gig, because on the Apple site, they're on 2 different specs pages., as if they were meant to have cameras. Also on the specs page, the 8 gig just says it has headphones, while the 32/64 gig says headphones w/ remote and mic. Maybe it won't have a built in mic. Just my thoughts.

DrawnToLife

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
I'm not trying to start an argument here, but I don't think Apple is going to update their product 36 days (October 14th) after they released their product. Why? Because it makes no sense. What happens to all of the people who bought a Touch in those 36 days?

iSpaghettiCat

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2009
Miami, FL
I'm not trying to start an argument here, but I don't think Apple is going to update their product 36 days (October 14th) after they released their product. Why? Because it makes no sense. What happens to all of the people who bought a Touch in those 36 days?

They will upgrade if the touch comes out with a camera.

Trust me, it's Apple.

Most of the buyers will cry their eyes out, but they'll sell/return the touch and buy the new one.

elpmas

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2009
Where the fresh snow don't go.
Don't forget that they're trying to get money, not lose money. They already have a steady growth of sale, why would they go and make the camera iPod touch already? I'm pretty sure they would wait for next year at least before they launch the iPod w/ camera. If they do launch it, I'm returning mine :)

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
First off Steve said on September 9, 2009 this is our line up of iPods for this holiday season.
Also, the Apple Store went off line last night, at 9:00PM and off again at 1:00AM, so this is the 3rd time with in 24 hours. Apple would add a camera once the sales slow down, and after the holiday season too. If they do add one before september '10 it would most likely be Feb.

ekr9531

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2009
SE Michigan
What I say..

Oh my god.... I hate this... why wouldn't Apple just freaking put a camera in it in the first place?
And, to anybody that says, "Oh just use your cell phone or get an iPhone!"
SCREW YOU...
Some people (like me) who wanted a camera in the touch don't have a cell phone... there, I said it... now deal with it...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Oh my god.... I hate this... why wouldn't Apple just freaking put a camera in it in the first place?
SCREW YOU...
Some people (like me) who wanted a camera in the touch don't have a cell phone... there, I said it... now deal with it...

Angry much?
Read up on cannibalizing product lines.

DrawnToLife

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
SCREW YOU...

Deal with what? All you did was have a mini fit.
Seriously though, would you rather have had the camera that only takes video, or have a camera (Later on) with still and video and possibly more advanced? It's not a good thing to slap a crappy camera on the Touch. Why? Because it's not good enough for the Touch.

Barbie

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2009
ocean
let's be real here - the iphone 3gs came in june with only interior hardware updates, but there was a lack of exterior updates (same case, product size, colors, button placement)

now they've done the same with ipod touch - released in september with only interior hardware updates, but there was a lack of exterior updates (same case, product size, colors, button placement)

what you are saying is like saying that apple would have re-released the iphone last june with a front camera

:)

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Angry much?
Read up on cannibalizing product lines.

I think he is more stupid than angry ;)

@ the angry dude - Apple were reported to have a bad batch of cameras, which is most likely WHY we didn't see the expected camera. Now calm down.

@ Barbie - your Birthday is only 3 days before mine :) - dunno why you'd care :D

rebeccamartin

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2009
Dude, it's true, if they update on 36 days what will happen about the buyers who buyed 36 days before.

Apple will not say such thing to upgrade, we have to buy a new one.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Dude, it's true, if they update on 36 days what will happen about the buyers who buyed 36 days before.

Apple will not say such thing to upgrade, we have to buy a new one.

The reason I made this thread, is because it is VERY rare that the Apple store is taken offline - I just got excited, that's all :).

I agree - I find it improbable that they will refresh SO soon... although, stranger things have happened. Unlikely, but I am never one for the rumor mill - speculation makes idiots of those who say "definitely".

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Not going to happen. Steve Jobs returns and the camera was designed out of the touch.

Do you really think that Steve Jobs had no input on the basic architecture of product updates during his absence?

He may not have been running the day-to-day business for the first half of this year but you can bet, at the very least, that he mandated basic parameters such as this.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
They would never, I say NEVER update the ipod touch within a couple of months of the previous revision.

Just like they would never drop the price of the iphone shortly after release. Oh wait...

I still don't think it's going to happen until next year.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Do you really think that Steve Jobs had no input on the basic architecture of product updates during his absence?

He may not have been running the day-to-day business for the first half of this year but you can bet, at the very least, that he mandated basic parameters such as this.

I think he had other things on his mind. When he came back, he said "The camera had to go" :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.