PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Surf film shot with 5DMKII cut with I-Movie

yazzyphoto
Sep 29, 2009, 05:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmPp_eRWmaI

Take a look at this short film about surfing in the Arctic Circle shot with the 5DMKII and edited with I Movie. Timelapses were put together using Quicktime..

Enjoy :)

sarge
Oct 1, 2009, 01:30 PM
very nice yazzy - the one thing i've always wanted to do besides make pictures is surf...growing up near Buffalo i didn't think it was possible, but your film has put a big dent in that excuse!

yazzyphoto
Oct 1, 2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback. I suppose you could surf in the great lakes?

sarge
Oct 1, 2009, 04:54 PM
Windsurfing used to be big in the area but I guess that went the way of parachute pants, which the guys used to wear back in the day when surfing the Niagara back in the '80s...

xIGmanIx
Oct 1, 2009, 05:01 PM
nicely done, one comment, some of the voice over could have maybe used better audio quality, but otherwise, the important stuff is the surfing, nice lefts! I think i will stick with the 7 mile miracle though ;)

yazzyphoto
Oct 3, 2009, 12:11 AM
Yeah I agree...The final version actually has better sound mixing. The audio was challenging to record and edit as it was captured in different room tones and ambiences. Definitely something that will be taken into account next time.

The 5DMKII has an input jack which is nice,so with an XLR to 1/4" adaptor it's possible to record audio with high end mics.

Cheers

Yazzy