Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yazzyphoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmPp_eRWmaI

Take a look at this short film about surfing in the Arctic Circle shot with the 5DMKII and edited with I Movie. Timelapses were put together using Quicktime..

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• YASSINE_OUHILAL_ARCTIC_SURF_STILLS_013.jpg
    YASSINE_OUHILAL_ARCTIC_SURF_STILLS_013.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 172

sarge

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Brooklyn
very nice yazzy - the one thing i've always wanted to do besides make pictures is surf...growing up near Buffalo i didn't think it was possible, but your film has put a big dent in that excuse!

yazzyphoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
Re:

Thanks for the positive feedback. I suppose you could surf in the great lakes?

sarge

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Brooklyn
Windsurfing used to be big in the area but I guess that went the way of parachute pants, which the guys used to wear back in the day when surfing the Niagara back in the '80s...

xIGmanIx

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
nicely done, one comment, some of the voice over could have maybe used better audio quality, but otherwise, the important stuff is the surfing, nice lefts! I think i will stick with the 7 mile miracle though ;)

yazzyphoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
Yeah I agree...The final version actually has better sound mixing. The audio was challenging to record and edit as it was captured in different room tones and ambiences. Definitely something that will be taken into account next time.

The 5DMKII has an input jack which is nice,so with an XLR to 1/4" adaptor it's possible to record audio with high end mics.

Cheers

Yazzy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.