Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stallion19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
So I'm looking for some good 2.1 speakers and have narrowed it down to the Harman Kardon Soundsticks II and klipsch promedia 2.1.

Both have great reviews, and people who have used them loved each.

However, looking at the specs:

Klipsch:

Speaker System

* System Components Subwoofer , 2 speakers
* Speaker Type Active
* Nominal Output Power (Total) 200 Watt
* Response Bandwidth 32 - 20000 Hz
* Output Level (SPL) 106 dB
* Output Features Bass Reflex
* THX certified Yes
* Audio Amplifier Integrated
* Connectivity Technology Wired
* Controls Bass , Volume , Power on/off
* Detachable Grilles Yes

Speaker System Details

* Speakers Included 2 x Satellite speaker - 2-way - 35 Watt - 4 Ohm - Wired , 1 x Subwoofer - 130 Watt - Wired

Harman Kardon:

peaker System

* System Components Subwoofer , 2 speakers
* Speaker Type Active
* Nominal Output Power (Total) 40 Watt
* Response Bandwidth 44 - 20000 Hz
* Audio Amplifier Integrated
* Connectivity Technology Wired

Speaker System Details

* Speakers Included 2 x Satellite speaker - 10 Watt - Wired , 1 x Subwoofer - 20 Watt - Wired

The klipsch's have a significant amount of wattage compared to the harman kardon's(not really sure what that means - maybe someone could clarify? )

Anyways, any help is appreciated!

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
I'd prefer the Klipsch over the Harman Kardon's, I highly recommend the Swan M10s.

Watts is power and is more relevant for the power of the bass, which the Klipsch is significantly greater, but probably more to do with the smaller size of the Altec Lansing's.

stallion19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
So between those two you would recommend Klipsch? Especially if i'm looking for base since their subwoofer has more than double the power of the harman kardon's? Those Swan's look pretty nice i'll definitely have to look into them...thanks for the reply anyone else have any advice?

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
Depends if they were measured to the same power standards. If not you can't compare. As above, more power should give a better quality sound.

A friend has the HK Soundsticks and they're impressive, if a little expensive. I've not heard the Klipsch so can't advise on those.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
So between those two you would recommend Klipsch? Especially if i'm looking for base since their subwoofer has more than double the power of the harman kardon's? Those Swan's look pretty nice i'll definitely have to look into them...thanks for the reply anyone else have any advice?

Umm. Between the two, I would definitely recommend the Klipsch's between the two, but the Swans sound much better amongst all of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.