Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mahesh_zn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Hi All,
I am looking for converting my VHS to DVD and limited my choice to analog to DV capture cards, ADVC100 ( or more recent ADVC110) and ADVC55.

As much as I could find out ADVC100 offers a bidirectional conversion ( digital to analog as well, which is not what I am primarily interested in ) which ADVC55 does not.

Are there any more reasons to go with ADVC100 than with ADVC55?

Any suggestions/information that would help me decide would be very welcome.

Thanks
Mahesh

live4ever

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2003
I got the 55 it's nice and small, is bus powered, with great capture quality. It doesn't have D>A or true locked audio. But I haven't had a problem with near 2hr captures. The new 110 looks promising if you want to spend a bit more though.

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
I used the 55 and 100. I learned on the 55 and it did all that I could have asked.

Since I was affiliated with a university, I purchased the 100 with educational discount. I like the color bar feature for VHS and the D to A conversion back, but I have used that once.

Both the 55 and 100 work very well and are easy to work with, and so far very reliable.

If you are a student or affiliated with a school, check the web site for educational discounts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.