Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonBourne1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
Im trying to add music on to my iMovie project, but every time I try to do it, an error message comes up saying "The file could not be located".
I previously consolidated my iTunes library with Seagate External Hard Drive, which appears to be causing the problem.
How do I overcome this by locating the file?
Pls help

xStep

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2003
Less lost in L.A.
Go into iTunes and find the file. Does it play in iTunes? If not, then iTunes has lost it. Do a show info on the song and see where it thinks the song is. The file name will be the last part of the path. Search that name using Spotlight, assuming you have 10.4 or higher.

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
I agree that you need to verify the song still plays in iTunes and if not, fix that. If you click on a song that iTunes can't find, it will open a dialog box to allow you to point to the song's new location. My iTunes library is on an external drive and adding songs to iMovie still works.

JasonBourne1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
I agree that you need to verify the song still plays in iTunes and if not, fix that. If you click on a song that iTunes can't find, it will open a dialog box to allow you to point to the song's new location. My iTunes library is on an external drive and adding songs to iMovie still works.

The song plays on iTunes, so there is no issue there. I cant figure out why it wont play it in iMovie

monuments

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2009
Imovie EDITING Q.....

hey i am also new to imovie but have finished a couple of small projects so am a little familiar with it, but one small problem i cant figure out.

im adding an mp3 to a video of myself drumming to the same mp3. problem is to match them up perfectly i either need to edit the mp3 to be about 3 seconds shorter which i dont want to do... or move the the video clip up to start about 3 seconds later than the audio does, make sense? pretty much i dont wanna crop the video clip but just scooch it up about 3 seconds.

can anyone help me? really appreciate it. cheers, Dominick

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
Was it a iTunes purchased song with DRM? If so it will not play in other apps, I think! Wow my first post - I hope I am correct, sorry if not!

You are correct :D, although there are ofcourse ways around this. Search the internet.

P.s. Xstep thank you for the notion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.