Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zxcvb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
I was trying to make apple wireless keyboard to work with my DELL desktop, but did not succeed. the problem is that when I connect the apple wireless keyboard to my bluetooth adapter, it says I need type some kinda of pass code. I have looked up manual, and there's no pass code all all.

someone said I need to insert leopard disk and install on my PC, would that work? or anyone have experience about it?

the bluetooth adapter I am using is IODEAR and PC is DELL desktop

thank you

mac2x

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2009
Can't help you with the connection; but even if it did work I wouldn't want to do it since the modifier keys are different between PC and Mac keyboards.

lixuelai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
You pair it just like any other bluetooth keyboard. Get the keyboard and the computer into pairing mode and input the passkey that is generated by the computer. Then if you want install the keyboard drivers from Bootcamp drivers to get the media keys working.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Choose the option that says "choose passkey for me" or something along the lines of that. You can get the modifier keys to work somewhat, only the backward/forward/pause/play and volume keys. That can be done by installing a driver from the Leopard or Snow Leopard disc. It's named "Apple Keyboard" or something.

nicknick

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2009
apple BT keyboard

I just purchase apple bt keyboard, can't conect to my pc, my problem is I can not pair the keyboard. The computer (now) finds the keyboard and then ask to type pairing initial key on keyboard but eventhough I type the initial key number and it doseint work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.