PDA

View Full Version : forced to sleep in the car...

BakedBeans
Jul 13, 2004, 05:51 PM
well im sitting in my car as we speak (praise the lord for wireless internet)
i am currently living with my mum until i have relocated here... and boy oh boy has she got a snoring problem.... it is unbearable.... ive tried to make her wake up and turn over...but still it doesnt stop.... so i plug my technics headphones into my powerbook...turn the volume right up...so it hurts my eardrums...but i can still hear it...so its now nearly midnight...and im going to be sleeping in my car...lucky its got leather interior and is comfy...i am so so so tired....i hardly sleep as it is...

im going to try to surf the net for a bit...then get some sleep as my head is reallt starting to spin....infact im having trouble typing...god bless the backlit keyboard..

night night

wdlove
Jul 13, 2004, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you are having to live in your car. What ever the situation, I pray that it will be corrected quickly. I hope that you will post what your actual circumstance are currently. Maybe someone can help, sometimes just talking helps.

raiderz182
Jul 13, 2004, 08:56 PM
you are so gonna get robbed~!

Capt Underpants
Jul 13, 2004, 09:31 PM
Don't they have like made for TV throat sprays for snoring, lol.... It sucks that you have to sleep in your car, though. Maybe you should get some ear plugs and a couple of fans to put by her room and your room. Those would help drown out the noise. I know that you will probably still be able to hear it, though. Sometimes my step dad snores so loud I can't sleep at night. When that happens, I go and wake him up, then hurry up and try to get back to sleep before he starts snoring again. He gets pissed, but oh well. Serves him right for snoring so loud...

rhpenguin
Jul 13, 2004, 10:03 PM
thats brutal.. Ive taken road trips where ive slept in the car and it was fun.

atleasy you have wi-fi... :P

Chip NoVaMac
Jul 13, 2004, 10:12 PM
You should try to get your Mom to talk with her doctor. The situation is not healthy for you or more so for her. That sort of snoring is not good from reports that I have seen.

themadchemist
Jul 13, 2004, 10:47 PM
ugh, that sucks. good luck sorting it out.

BakedBeans
Jul 14, 2004, 02:54 AM
You should try to get your Mom to talk with her doctor. The situation is not healthy for you or more so for her. That sort of snoring is not good from reports that I have seen.

firstly, thanks for the support guys.... my situation is that im relocating to where my mum live.. so shes not alone in a big town... and whilst im looking for a place to buy then were staying here...

and boy oh boy does she snore.... ive really tried to get her to a doctor...but because she cant hear herself (although she does wake herself up often) she wont go...

but last night it was just over the top...and to make it worse...at three in the morning the police stopped and asked what i was doing...and i was very short with them... in fack i told him to ****** off ive done nothing wrong (probably subconciously think a night in the cell with a blanket would be a good move lol) then to my surprise..he did...

i dont know whats come over me because i have no criminal record and am very polite to people in general...

thanks for the support again, i expected to get flamed for wasting time or something...

Sabbath
Jul 14, 2004, 03:42 AM
and boy oh boy does she snore.... ive really tried to get her to a doctor...but because she cant hear herself (although she does wake herself up often) she wont go...

The old PB has a microphone so I think time to record the snoring and then play it back at its actual level when she's trying to go to sleep, she'll soon be off to the doctor. Hope the night in the car wasn't too uncomfortable.

Chip NoVaMac
Jul 14, 2004, 06:33 AM
firstly, thanks for the support guys.... my situation is that im relocating to where my mum live.. so shes not alone in a big town... and whilst im looking for a place to buy then were staying here...

but last night it was just over the top...and to make it worse...at three in the morning the police stopped and asked what i was doing...and i was very short with them... in fack i told him to ****** off ive done nothing wrong (probably subconciously think a night in the cell with a blanket would be a good move lol) then to my surprise..he did...

i dont know whats come over me because i have no criminal record and am very polite to people in general...

thanks for the support again, i expected to get flamed for wasting time or something...

If you know who here doctor is, you could give them a call to give them a heads up for her next office visit.

Good luck, I know it is a hard situation. Stayed with some friends once while waiting for my home contract to go through. He was a snorer that could be heard from the outside.

davecuse
Jul 14, 2004, 06:38 AM
Breath Right strips, get a bunch of them! Have your mother wear them when she's sleeping it should significantly reduce the snoring.

kgarner
Jul 14, 2004, 09:28 AM
I had a similar experience once. My dad and I went down to Claifornia to help my grandparents move back up to Washington. On the trip back we had to stay in a hotel and my grandpa, got hte great idea to share a room. You know, to save money. I could tell my dad was less than thrilled with the situation, but I couldn't figure out why.

Well, it turns out my grandpa snores like a truck, only louder. Ususally, when I am asleep, I am out. It takes some doing to wake me up, but he did it. I then spent the next several hours trying to get back to sleep.

Ultimately, I ended up in the bathtub. I could still here him quite clearly through the walls, but I was so tired by hten I didn't care. In the morning I guess my grandma came into the bathroom and was very surprised to see me sleeping away all wrapped up in the comforter from the bed lying in the bathtub.

So I guess I am saying that I can totally relate to your situation. I hope you find a place quickly. Good luck!

rainman::|:|
Jul 14, 2004, 10:26 AM
Chronic snoring can be a symptom of sleep apnea, which can be dangerous. Even if it's not terribly serious, it would affect her ability to think clearly during the day (because of sleep/oxygen deprivation at night). Doctor definitely needs to be consulted.

Good luck in the meantime :)

paul

Raid
Jul 14, 2004, 10:47 AM

Well I think the answer is obvious, you were short with the police because you couldn't get any sleep! ;)

I hope you can convince your Mom to go see the doctor, it really can be a health hazard, and could potentialy improve the quality of sleep for the both of you! Till then set up a sleep area with as many doors between you and your Mom. Hopefully with all the doors closed between you will block out most of the sound.

noel4r
Jul 14, 2004, 11:02 AM

what city are you in? i can't imagine you're in los angeles coz if you say something close to that to the police here, you'd be out of your car with the ***** being kicked out of you before your mom's next snore.

virividox
Jul 14, 2004, 11:25 AM
ear plugs EAR PLUGS

rueyeet
Jul 14, 2004, 02:29 PM
Chronic snoring can be a symptom of sleep apnea, which can be dangerous. Even if it's not terribly serious, it would affect her ability to think clearly during the day (because of sleep/oxygen deprivation at night). Doctor definitely needs to be consulted.Snoring that severe most often does have something to do with a sleep disorder, so I'm going to chime in with the doctor thing just for emphasis. A recording may do wonders to convince her, maybe even ones at different distances.

Now there's an iMovie.....just walk through the house with a video camera, starting right next to your snoring Mom, and walking away slowly until the sound's at a bearable level. :p "Yep Mom, this is how loud you are in the bedroom, in the hall, in the living room, in the kitchen, oh look! can still hear you at the front door!" Then a nice headline montage about all the studies that link snoring to sleep apnea....

Slightly mean-spirited, but effective?

BakedBeans
Jul 15, 2004, 10:39 AM
Snoring that severe most often does have something to do with a sleep disorder, so I'm going to chime in with the doctor thing just for emphasis. A recording may do wonders to convince her, maybe even ones at different distances.

Now there's an iMovie.....just walk through the house with a video camera, starting right next to your snoring Mom, and walking away slowly until the sound's at a bearable level. :p "Yep Mom, this is how loud you are in the bedroom, in the hall, in the living room, in the kitchen, oh look! can still hear you at the front door!" Then a nice headline montage about all the studies that link snoring to sleep apnea....

Slightly mean-spirited, but effective?

very funny idea... and i could always edit the soundrack (not that i need to)

mouchoir
Jul 15, 2004, 11:08 AM
while you're there get creative!

'Taxi Driver' was written in only a few days when the writer, Paul Schrader was sleeping in his car.

I hope this is only temporary though, good luck.