PDA

View Full Version : MLB All-Star Game

MacNut
Jul 13, 2004, 07:11 PM
Time for the Mid summer classic, what league will win and take home field advantage during the World Series. How did your team do the first half of the season, and who should do well in the second half.

QCassidy352
Jul 13, 2004, 07:30 PM
I don't care about the All Star Game anymore. They ruined it by letting the fans vote. Now it's just a popularity contest, and not about rewarding the best players in baseball. The other problem is that so many of the players themselves blow it off. It's so ironic that they say "this one counts;" it may determine home field in the world series, but it's still a pathetic joke, and it used to be cool and meaningful, if only for the pride of winning.

So many of these players either don't deserve to be starting, or don't deserve to be there at all. It's just the big names, the guys from big markets, and the aging stars - not really the guys putting up the best numbers.

p.s. The red sox will win the World Series if they get the Big Unit... which they won't. :(

Kwyjibo
Jul 13, 2004, 08:04 PM
bahh i don't think the red sox can win, the yankees are pretty good this year ... unlike last year when i would say they were evenly matched.

I don't care about the allstar game that much, i'll watch but it doesn't matter all that much, and after the first have of the first inning, even clemens got rocked and hes an amazing pitcher.

now onto my cubbies, they dissapoint me, seven games behind the cards ... the offesnse sat out the last week before the break .. except for the last game on sunday which we needed more than anything. the cubs had a tough first half and the second half looks a littl easier but they still need to win lots of games and hope the cards lose some. I"m not sure the cubbies will come back to win the division because of the limited times left playing the cards ... but i think its possible and i'm hoping if they can't win the central they can grab the wildcard which should be plenty competitive in the NL ...the problems with the cubs involved the DL and their infield ... they need a shortstop who can produce runs (nomar) ... which is what they should trade for but the bottom line is that the dream pitching rotation is finally together and hopefully it will show its might in the second half.

quagmire
Jul 13, 2004, 08:22 PM
I think Clemens should of stayed in retirement. My reasoning is in the all star game. He let 6 runs score in the 1st inning and made history. There was a pitcher already warming up in the bullpen. Is it just me or ever since he put on an astros uniform he sucked. I hope it is just me. I really like him even though he back stabbed the yankees.

wdlove
Jul 13, 2004, 08:40 PM
I don't care about the All Star Game anymore. They ruined it by letting the fans vote. Now it's just a popularity contest, and not about rewarding the best players in baseball. The other problem is that so many of the players themselves blow it off. It's so ironic that they say "this one counts;" it may determine home field in the world series, but it's still a pathetic joke, and it used to be cool and meaningful, if only for the pride of winning.

So many of these players either don't deserve to be starting, or don't deserve to be there at all. It's just the big names, the guys from big markets, and the aging stars - not really the guys putting up the best numbers.

p.s. The red sox will win the World Series if they get the Big Unit... which they won't. :(

"Big Unit?"

I was surprised that they sent Curt Schilling, but won't be playing due to an ankle injury. If so that is serious for the Red Sox, he seems to be the on that wins.

I thing that the Red Sox will win when they decide that it's important ant they want it bad enough. In Boston the Patriots' are the only team the is hungry currently.

Kwyjibo
Jul 13, 2004, 08:55 PM
"Big Unit?".

randy john of the arizone diamondbacks. Clemens is doing pretty well 10-3, i mean thats good at the ASB , maybe not what he has been but still better than most pitchers. Clemens did the right think imo, he wanted to be home, and the stros are being very flexible with him, with the fact that in future years he'll be able to not travel, and spend more time with his family which is definately cool because of all the family values that are put over money and fame.