Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deejaysoma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
Hi everyone - I'm new to this forum and a new owner of a mac. I am making video remixes and now trying to make my own backing tracks.

I have found an mp3 I like but wish to add a "clap" sample at regular intervals.

Is there a simple way of doing this? I do not want to live record and manually insert clap because it sounds bad, and that's the only way I know how.

Any help appreciated :)

Mattaut

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
I'm pretty sure there's already a clap sample somewhere in the gargeband software instruments, probably in the hip-hop drum kit. Bring up the musical typing thing and record all the claps, then you can edit their timing in the piano roll.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi everyone - I'm new to this forum and a new owner of a mac. I am making video remixes and now trying to make my own backing tracks.

I have found an mp3 I like but wish to add a "clap" sample at regular intervals.

Is there a simple way of doing this? I do not want to live record and manually insert clap because it sounds bad, and that's the only way I know how.

Any help appreciated :)

So you are saying that you don't want to record your own hands clapping because you are not so good at making hand clap sounds. That's understandable. Apple has a "Jam Pack" that includes voice and "body percussion" sounds with claps and slaps professionally recorded. This will load right into Garage Band. At first it surprised me that Apple would mix voice samples on the same DVD as this but then really no, it is all "human sound".

The Apple Jam Packs have a MUCH wider selection of samples and loops then what comes with GB. Many gigabytes per pack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.