PDA

View Full Version : Hacked AppleTV Question

sfilingeri
Oct 1, 2009, 09:41 AM
Hi, Just purchased an :apple:tv about a week ago and I am loving it so far. I was wanting to get a patch stick hack like atv flash or atvusb creator.

I have some old dvd transfers from family VHS camcorders I would like to watch on the :apple:tv so instead of encoding them and maybe losing some quality(the movies are dear to me) I would like to just play the file (video_TS)

How do people like their hacked :apple:tv? does using one of the patchsticks make it buggy? I would hate to be watching a rented itunes movie and it crashes in the middle.

I would love to hear peoples experiences, both good and bad!

FastangV6
Oct 3, 2009, 01:50 PM
I installed the atvflash mod on my :apple:TV 2-3 days ago. So far it has worked as advertised and I am pleased with it. The hulu videos on boxee are a little too choppy to watch for any length of time. Not sure if it is an issue with the hardware limitations of the :apple:TV or a flash/software issue. I haven't had a chance to mess around with it too much, but overall worth the effort. The patchstick making process and installing the new software on the :apple:TV was fairly quick and relatively painless. I would recommend it.