Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vlj9r

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
I'm sure I'm not the only one that is no longer receiving MMS notifications from AT&T. It seems the latest update had a side-effect on subscribers that have the family unlimited txt messaging plan for $20. Basically, if you own a 2G phone and you are on this plan your notifications to go to viewmymessage.com/1 have stopped.

AT&T's solution is to move the 2G phone to it's own plan which I find totally unacceptable. Why pay extra $$$ for a feature I'm already paying for. In any event, the case is being escalated and it should be resolved by 10/8 according to the supervisor. I will post their response as soon as I get it.

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
I'm sure I'm not the only one that is no longer receiving MMS notifications from AT&T. It seems the latest update had a side-effect on subscribers that have the family unlimited txt messaging plan for $20. Basically, if you own a 2G phone and you are on this plan your notifications to go to viewmymessage.com/1 have stopped.

AT&T's solution is to move the 2G phone to it's own plan which I find totally unacceptable. Why pay extra $$$ for a feature I'm already paying for. In any event, the case is being escalated and it should be resolved by 10/8 according to the supervisor. I will post their response as soon as I get it.

What you have said makes me believe this is true. I do not have a 2G but I'm guessing AT&T is gonna be a bunch of ******s and have this happen.

iPhone 62S

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2009
If AT&T have just disabled it and refused to fix the problem, you can get MMS working just like the 3G and 3GS on your first gen iPhone if you're willing to jailbreak.

vlj9r

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
AT&T removed the 2G phone from the unlimited family text plan and add the unlimited txt plan to it for $20 and will issue a $20 credit to off-set the charge.

Great right? W R O N G

It did not work! They are so incompetent. I just read on the front page about their drop call rate of 30% in NYC. If I'm the competition, I would have the plastered at the entrance of my store.

vlj9r

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
BTW, I did jailbreak the phone but the MMS would not work with AT&T. I've verified all the data settings but still no go. It will send and receive txt messages but no pictures. I know I'm doing it correctly because I've done other phones for friends on t-mobile.

iPhone 62S

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2009
BTW, I did jailbreak the phone but the MMS would not work with AT&T. I've verified all the data settings but still no go. It will send and receive txt messages but no pictures. I know I'm doing it correctly because I've done other phones for friends on t-mobile.

Did you install the patch from Cydia? I think you MIGHT need a carrier package too.

vlj9r

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
Did you install the patch from Cydia? I think you MIGHT need a carrier package too.

Are you referring to this patch: ActivateMMS2G? I did apply it but for whatever reason, I could not get it to display activate MMS under the settings until I replaced the carrier file. Only then I had the camera icon under messages.

iPhone 62S

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2009
Are you referring to this patch: ActivateMMS2G? I did apply it but for whatever reason, I could not get it to display activate MMS under the settings until I replaced the carrier file. Only then I had the camera icon under messages.

The problem there was on AT&T's end, because they have only just enabled MMS for iPhones in a carrier file update.

Is it all working now, though?

vlj9r

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
still not working.

Only text messages. We no longer get the mms notifications from viewmymessages.com because the iphones are now part of the family unlimited text plan.

AT&T must be blocking the delivery of MMS to the original iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.