PDA

View Full Version : National Youth Gathering in Orlando!

stoid
Jul 13, 2004, 11:25 PM
Any other MacRumors member going to be attending the National Youth Gathering in Orlando which is approaching very soon? Certainly would be interesting to see someone I know only through the message boards there!

bousozoku
Jul 16, 2004, 12:14 PM
Any other MacRumors member going to be attending the National Youth Gathering in Orlando which is approaching very soon? Certainly would be interesting to see someone I know only through the message boards there!

Orlando is scary. No one wants to go. :D Watch out for the natives.

Applexilef
Jul 18, 2004, 09:28 PM
Orlando is scary. No one wants to go. :D Watch out for the natives.

lol, that's pretty funny, coming from a guy who lives in orlando. Do you attend UCF by any chance?

oh, and about the main topic. Umm, I have no idea what the youth thing is, I live in Orlando but haven't heard a word about it.

bousozoku
Jul 18, 2004, 11:16 PM
lol, that's pretty funny, coming from a guy who lives in orlando. Do you attend UCF by any chance?

oh, and about the main topic. Umm, I have no idea what the youth thing is, I live in Orlando but haven't heard a word about it.

Yes, it is funny that I find Orlando scary--everyone should. :D

I'm not going to UCF yet.

stoid
Jul 19, 2004, 12:27 AM
On July 24, somewhere about 30,000 to 40,000 Lutheran Youth from all over the US (and a number from other countries as well) are going to be converging on Orlando to celebrate our common faith. Together we will worship and build our faith through fellowship, and we will also be sharing our faith with the public by our actions, specifically in servant event projects. I guess there might not be too much advertisement around Orlando, but if you live there (downtown area) I don't think you will be able to miss our presence. We have these gatherings every three years. I was able to attend the last one hosted in New Orleans in 2001. This time I am returning as a quasi-adult leader.

Toppa G's
Jul 19, 2004, 05:16 PM
I did go in 2001 to New Orleans as well as the 1996 Gathering in Atlanta. Pretty exciting events, and amazing to see the floods of teenagers roaming around on the streets.

cperramn
Jul 30, 2004, 05:58 PM
i went, i loved it, email if u wanna chat

bousozoku
Jul 30, 2004, 10:08 PM
They showed you people on the news, running through the streets of downtown Orlando raiding and pillaging. :D Actually, I think the people they showed were too well-behaved to be believed. What did you do when the cameras were off?

stoid
Jul 30, 2004, 10:19 PM
Actually, the media made a big deal out of the fact that we were a gathering of nearly 38,000 teens and didn't have a single problem. They are apparently used to raging Spring Breakers and the like. I think that it's a great testimony to the faith that the kids have.

themadchemist
Jul 30, 2004, 10:21 PM
Sounds like an interesting convention and you guys sound like some stand-up folks. I'm glad you had a good time.