PDA

View Full Version : BT mouse problem

Bhennies
Jul 14, 2004, 12:48 AM
Hi...I couldn't find any threads on this...I just got the apple BT mouse and keyboard...I am running OS 10.3.4 on a 15" PB...when I put the PB to sleep and wake it up, the keyboard works, but not the mouse. I also cannot select for "bluetooth devioce to wake computer" option- it's grayed out. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!!

p.s. when I select the mouse options in the bluetooth drop down menu from the menu bar, it works again.

yinyang
Jul 14, 2004, 08:54 AM
have you updated to the new bluetooth firmware?

i thought it was part of 10.3.4, but i was having 'connection lost' messages last night on my macally bt mouse, and it was only when i checked for software updates (completely unrelated) that i saw that it was there to be downloaded. so i did and the messages have gone :)

Bhennies
Jul 14, 2004, 09:38 AM
have you updated to the new bluetooth firmware?

i thought it was part of 10.3.4, but i was having 'connection lost' messages last night on my macally bt mouse, and it was only when i checked for software updates (completely unrelated) that i saw that it was there to be downloaded. so i did and the messages have gone :)hi..yeah I did upload it. The only thing that seems to work for me is if I hold down the mouse for a few seconds- sometimes it comes back online. Any other thoughts?

yinyang
Jul 14, 2004, 10:00 AM
just realised that it wasn't the bluetooth updater but the wireless keyboard/mouse firmware uodater 1.1 that i downloaded...!

i should read things properly more often..! :rolleyes:

but maybe you've got that as well, so i can't think of anything else...! sorry!

micvog
Jul 14, 2004, 10:32 AM
IIRC, both the Mouse and BT updaters need to be run after they are downloaded from Software Update; they are not run automatically (which I think is weird, but whatever).

Regarding the BT mouse, I have the same problem even after the update EXCEPT when I use the mouse to wake my PB up from sleep. Hopefully the updates will allow you to do the same.