PDA

View Full Version : M-Audio Fast Track Ultra problem!

Ben Giller
Oct 2, 2009, 01:41 PM
Hi Guys.

Today I picked up my first audio interface the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra... I've connected it all up to my Macbook and open Logic Pro 8, but can't get the mic I've got plugged into the interface to pick up anything... I think it's something in Logic to do with the inbuilt mic is set up to be the default mic. But I'm not really sure.

Thanks.

dryjoy
Oct 3, 2009, 06:33 AM
Have you selected your fast track ultra in Logics audio preferences? Does your mic require phantom power, and if so have you switched this on? Are you getting a signal in the M-Audio software mixer?

musio
Oct 3, 2009, 10:11 AM
excuse me if i'm out of place but if you do sound new if you can't get a track recorded in logic so i'll ask this - have you installed the m-audio drivers? Latest ones from the site preferably.

Agree with dryjoy, check your logic preferences to see what your input channel is.

Tell us what mic you have too

Ben Giller
Oct 4, 2009, 03:26 PM
I've got an SM58. I've switched all the preferences in Logic to Fast Track Ultra where I can, I've also done it in the audio preferences on my mac. So I tried recording again and the mic picked up sounds but I can't hear any sound, just see the wave form on the screen... Cheers again.