Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
as someone new to beta testing - where do I find my udid? Is that called something else under settings/general?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
as someone new to beta testing - where do I find my udid? Is that called something else under settings/general?

You can either get it off iTunes or get an app from the App Store. I use BetaHelper but I don't think it's available anymore. Just search Beta and you'll get the new one. Don't remember what it's called ATM...

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
thanks.. found it

question - is there ANY "threat" or security issue by giving someone the udid

return7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Hey, can you check if my UDID is vaild, because I may have copied it wrong o_o.

eh, just sign up again and we'll remove the duplicate..if you're worried. we don't have a way to check until we add everyone into the developer portal.

DrawnToLife

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
Alright thanks.
Also, I found another way to do it. On Windows
C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Name Here]\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

The name of the first folder should be your UDID.

return7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
We're all set on testers right now. Testers who don't respond to the welcome email within the next day or so will be cleared out so we can grab people from the waiting list who want to try it. We are limited to only 100 devices for beta (and some of those are our own) so we can't take everyone on at once. The app is called Blipr. That's all I can share right now. :)

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
We're all set on testers right now. Testers who don't respond to the welcome email within the next day or so will be cleared out so we can grab people from the waiting list who want to try it. We are limited to only 100 devices for beta (and some of those are our own) so we can't take everyone on at once. The app is called Blipr. That's all I can share right now. :)

Ouch, I was late on this. Hoping to get in :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.