PDA

View Full Version : Ultratek destroying hard drives?

Redboy
Jul 14, 2004, 12:00 PM
I have a B&W rev.1 with the Ultratek ATA/66 card installed. This had been working fine for a couple of years until about 3 weeks ago when I lost a hard drive pretty much completely. I was able to mount the drive, but I couldn't open or move any file over about 1 meg in size.

So I replaced the drive. Bought me a brand new, shiny, samsung 160 gb drive, and all seemed fine until 2 nights ago. All of hte sudden, running cubase from the on-board ide 33 controller but files from the samsung through the ultratek, cubase starts going wacko on me - becoming unresponsive and unable to play back the audio files on the samsung drive. I restart, copy the files onto the primary drive, and all runs fine from there. Since that point, trying to run cubase with files from that drive is impossible and iTunes won't even play those audio files. These are very similar symptoms to the now totally dead hard drive. I'm not really sure what I should do now. Disk utility says everything is fine. Experience is telling me that all is not fine.

Any ideas? Has anyone heard of this behavior from the Ultratek card?