Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Feeding into recent rumors of imminent iMac, MacBook and Mac Mini updates, some new online ads have been spotted at Google.nl that potentially point to new versions of these products. While Apple's Google text ads always refer to their products as "new", these specific ads do highlight features that have not been the focus of previous revisions. The translations provided by AppleInsider describe the possible changes:
MacBook: Thinner, lighter and stronger! Free delivery. Order today.
iMac: Ultra Thin 20 & 24 inch models. From only € 1099. Apple Store
Mac mini: Faster and more affordable than ever. From only € 499. Order immediately.
Of note, the current price of the Mac mini in the Netherlands online store is € 599.

These imminent updates were first reported back in September with the iMac specifically described as "thinner, organic design, likely with smoothed or rounded edges".

Article Link: Online Ad Evidence of Imminent iMac, Mac Mini and MacBook Updates?

greg400

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2009
"iMac: Ultra Thin 20 & 24 inch models. From only € 1099. Apple Store"

I called it. They are just going to make it thinner. I doubt anything else will be upgraded besides the keyboard, mouse and remote alongside it. Glad I purchased my iMac in June, seeing as how I really couldn't care less on how thin it is.

harodude

macrumors regular
May 7, 2007
If it's true, I think it's about time I upgrade my 20" iMac to a more current rev! Can't wait to see what comes out

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Of course I just bought an iMac last month. Oh well...I'm happy with it...

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
Mac mini price drop to $499?

And if the iMac gets thinner will the maximum CPU TDP that can fit in it drop from 55 W?

C. Alan

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2009
Dammit Scotty! I need more power! (or at least two more cores...)

Still crossing my fingers and hoping for a quad core..

Jordan the Nerd

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2008
New Zealand
This is great! Surely the new products can't be far away now, maybe Monday?

Thats funny, why does the Netherlands have the same price in the US when the currency is different?

$499 is the price they had on the first G4 mini, so it makes sense.

- Jordan

chstr

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
seriously? making the imac thinner is just retarded. who cares????

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
AppleInsider says dual-core, although other places say quad-core. Personally I believe AppleInsider more.

a dual core iMac is not going to be a good upgrade for current al iMac users. It's not a 'must' upgrade unless it's quad.

beginnersview

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2006
SF Bay area
[Mac mini: Faster and more affordable than ever.

This may be the one I've been waiting for!

I've felt for some time that the Mini has huge potential, but has been hobbled by (a) too high price for the hardware you get, (b) too little focus from Apple, leaving it languishing in the doldrums too long, (c) ludicrous 'high-end' version of Spring 2009 model, where you paid $200 just to get an extra gig of Ram and larger HD while CPU stayed same.

So I hope they really do give it some 'muscle' and an appealing (read lower) price.

Re. iMac becoming ultra-thin. That, to me, seems just dumb.
The iMac has been having heat issues (in the ones I've used) so making it thinner seems a poor engineering choice. Besides, it provides no tangible benefit to user... to use the computer, one views the front of the machine, not the side view (who uses their computer by staring at it sideways...) ;)

But maybe the engineers have created a miracle and allow it to be more powerful without hotter.
One can hope that actual power efficiency and better CPU throughput are at least somewhere high on the list (below of course the 'top-priority' of thin and artsy design :p ).

dlewis23

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Dual core in the two lower versions of the iMac, quad in the higher end versions.

wesleyh

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2007
Well, i just did the search for "nieuwe macbook", and it shows the same macbook ad but for a macbook air.

De Nieuwe MacBook Air
Dunner, lichter en krachtiger!
Gratis bezorging. Bestel vandaag.
store.apple.com/nl/macbook_air

Anyway, are we sure these ads are new?

Is it just me or is a google ad-buyer spending more money than he needs:

==========GOOGLE.nl 'Mac Mini'=============
Het internet

Gesponsorde links

Apple's Nieuwe Mac Mini
store.apple.com/nl-store Sneller en betaalbaarder dan ooit. Vanaf slechts €499. Bestel meteen.

Zoekresultaten

Apple - Mac mini - De energiezuinigste desktop en voordeligste Mac
Mac mini heeft nu een nog snellere NVIDIA grafische processor, waardoor hij met gemak de allernieuwste 3D-games en veeleisende grafische programma's aankan. ...
http://www.apple.com/nl/macmini/ - In cache - Vergelijkbaar
Technische specificaties
Kenmerken
Mac OS X + iLife

Accessoires
Vormgeving
Meer resultaten van apple.com »
Apple - Mac mini - Technische specificaties
De volgende kenmerken beperken de schadelijke gevolgen van de Mac mini voor het milieu: ... Garantie en service, Mac mini wordt geleverd met 90 dagen gratis ...
http://www.apple.com/nl/macmini/specs.html - In cache - Vergelijkbaar
Mac mini - Apple Store (Nederland)
Koop een Mac mini en je krijgt een klein pakketje met enorme kracht. Selecteer een standaardconfiguratie en pas deze vervolgens aan al naar gelang je ...
store.apple.com/nl/browse/...mac/.../mac_mini - In cache - Vergelijkbaar
=========================

So... the first 3 results are apple's own... but they buy an ad just before it.
I wonder, why spend that kind of money?

brendanspah764

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
How much time?

So anyone have any ideas on when these new Macs will come out. I am in the market for a new MacBook! I need to replace this eMac of mine...

johnrs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Nottingham - UK
if they dont give the iMac a spec bump that include better GPU & CPU then I think its going to be an epic fail by apple... Its just going to be left standing as all other computers are going to be i5 & i7 based

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.