PDA

View Full Version : Canada - The World's Spam Leader

clubmedia
Jul 15, 2004, 12:20 AM
this is getting rediculous with these canadian "no questions asked" pharmacists are starting to drive me crazy.

9 out of 10 spams are all from these pathetic canadian sudo-pharmacists.

whats the deal with starting a class action suit against all these canadian-drug-selling-spammers?

they are slowing down the internet and waisting more of our time than stoplights...

Doctor Q
Jul 15, 2004, 01:56 AM
I've found that the only foolproof method for avoiding the spam is to hide under the sofa, or at least avoid using e-mail. Or change my e-mail address a few times a day. :( Lacking a perfect solution, we can all keep using spam filters and spam blocking services.

By the way, I spoke to an FDA official last week and confirmed what I thought - Canadian prescription drug prices are lower than those in the U.S. because Canada negotiates purchases from pharmaceutical firms at bulk (country-wide) rates, which produces better deals that U.S. customers, who buy individually. It's not the nature of our economy to have a single negotiated price in the U.S., and that's unlikely to change.

crazzyeddie
Jul 15, 2004, 09:32 AM
I've had no problems with Mail's junk filtering at all. I have it setup for 3 different email account, one of which gets 10 spam emails per day and it sorts out all the junk perfectly.

Raid
Jul 15, 2004, 10:42 AM
this is getting rediculous with these canadian "no questions asked" pharmacists are starting to drive me crazy.

9 out of 10 spams are all from these pathetic canadian sudo-pharmacists.

whats the deal with starting a class action suit against all these canadian-drug-selling-spammers?

they are slowing down the internet and waisting more of our time than stoplights...

Well just wait until we legalize marijuana! :D

Actually I think what they are doing is technically illegal anyway and I mean more than just spamming! If they are trying to sell perscription drugs privately (with out a perscription) across international borders I'm sure there is a law being violated in there somewhere (either in the States or Canada).
If some Canadians are spamming then they should be subject to international law, but you should realize that since there is such a big market for cheaper drugs in the States; this problem isn't going to go away soon. The best thing is to use the junk filter in Mail to weed them out.

jimjiminyjim
Jul 15, 2004, 01:38 PM
Well, at least it's nice to be called the leader in something.
Cheers to the SPAM warriors.

Abstract
Jul 15, 2004, 06:13 PM
Old Americans get their expensive drugs this way, so cheaper Canadian drugs are a good thing. Otherwise, there's no way some of these older people can afford their necessary drugs.

And you're allowed to possess some marijuana as long as its under a certain limit, as far as I know. Basically, you can only have enough for you to smoke, and not enough for anyone else. This means you can't have enough to sell, either (of course).

James L
Jul 15, 2004, 06:44 PM
Actually, if you read this thread over on MacNN (was it you who posted the exact same thread on 2 completely different BB?) you will find that over 56% of the internet spam in the world comes from AMERICA, NOT from Canada... I think Canada only supplies 5 - 6 % of the spam in the world.

With regards to the drug companies and all of the spam, if the big drug companies in America priced their drugs competitively this wouldn't be an issue.

So, in short, NO Canada is NOT responsible for all the spam you are receiving.

btw, it is "wasting" you are referring too, not "waisting".

Cheers!