PDA

View Full Version : Laptop is lopsided....

pcproff
Jul 15, 2004, 02:12 AM
I just purchased a new Powerbook 1.5ghz 15.2", and when I lay it flat on my desk it seems as if the powerbook is not evenly flat. I have tried other surfaces and get the same result. Its not by much buts its noticable when I am typing it seems to pivot to the front right hand corner a little. I was thinking about getting some of those felt stickie bottoms and put them on the buttom to compinsate but this laptop is barely nine days old. Has anyone else ever heard of this problem??? The laptop has never been dropped or abused for that matter. Thank you advance everyone.

superbovine
Jul 15, 2004, 02:17 AM
I just purchased a new Powerbook 1.5ghz 15.2", and when I lay it flat on my desk it seems as if the powerbook is not evenly flat. I have tried other surfaces and get the same result. Its not by much buts its noticable when I am typing it seems to pivot to the front right hand corner a little. I was thinking about getting some of those felt stickie bottoms and put them on the buttom to compinsate but this laptop is barely nine days old. Has anyone else ever heard of this problem??? The laptop has never been dropped or abused for that matter. Thank you advance everyone.

had this problem too, when i got first pb. after while i could have sworm my pb was warped. i took it took school the next day and it sat level on ever desk and table i sat it. it drew me to the conclusion my desk wasnt level.

pcproff
Jul 15, 2004, 02:21 AM
Really I have tried it on like for different levels, I mean I could still return it but I will go through alot of aggrevation of backing up files and pop3 email setting and all of those bookmarks. I hope your right my return deadline is coming to an end and I know they will not let me take another one out of the box to test it out before I buy it again.

superbovine
Jul 15, 2004, 02:26 AM
ouch...might try some new feet http://www.apple.com/support/powerbook/doityourself/12al/

BakedBeans
Jul 15, 2004, 02:27 AM

yeah.. ive had it my friends have it...alot of people have it...it will straighten out...or at least ours did....you need to run it at heat for a while....mines still got a very slight wabble...but it should straighten

pcproff
Jul 15, 2004, 02:37 AM
Guys this makes me feel alot better, this is my first mac and I love it so far and also my first Forum I have ever joined and the help on here is great thank you very much. I have not run this laptop really really hot yet, I need to find some software to take up some of my time on the mac. Not sure where to go get freeware for macs to try new things I am into web design, music so on...

BakedBeans
Jul 15, 2004, 02:46 AM
Guys this makes me feel alot better, this is my first mac and I love it so far and also my first Forum I have ever joined and the help on here is great thank you very much. I have not run this laptop really really hot yet, I need to find some software to take up some of my time on the mac. Not sure where to go get freeware for macs to try new things I am into web design, music so on... just run xbench a few times.... should be hot hot hot.....