PDA

View Full Version : May need to exchange iPod for a new one

puma1552
Oct 6, 2009, 08:21 AM
My girlfriend got me a new silver 160 GB 2009 Classic.

It has a rattle inside, and the hold switch is a bit crooked. I don't really care about the hold switch, and I've read that the rattle inside is "normal" despite the fact my only other iPod out of my collection of nine that has this problem is my utter beater 5th gen that lives in my car and gets beat around pretty hard (though it still works pretty well). Also, my 120 gig classic does not have this issue.

But, my girlfriend bought it as a gift for me about a week ago, and ordered online since we are far from an Apple store. If I call and say I have a problem with the current one and want to exchange it for a new one (not a refurb either since I'm within my 14 day window--I want another new, sealed one off the shelf) can they just send me a new one, charge my credit card in the meantime, and then remove the charge when they receive my old one?

Hellhammer
Oct 6, 2009, 08:27 AM
You can call them and as is that possible but usually they don't ship (at least don't deliver) it before the old one has been picked up from you. Remember that if it's possible to do that in your way (return the old one and buy new one) , it may take up to 8 weeks for refund to come.

Jottle
Feb 1, 2010, 12:27 AM
my classic 120 has a slight rattle when you shift its orientation. I think it's more common than it seems.