PDA

View Full Version : Darn Little Battery Monsters...

Littleodie914
Jul 15, 2004, 03:13 PM
Hey guys, I need a bit of help/advice concerning my 14" iBook G4. I've had it for about 7 months now, and I'm noticing a slight problem with the area in the front of the laptop where the edge of the battery meets with the front of the laptop. (Ya know how there's that little crease there between the actual laptop and the battery.) This is a bit difficult to explain, but the battery seems to be sticking out, like maybe my case is bent? Picture taking a screwdriver or something like that and prying a small hole between where the battery and laptop meet. I've included pictures to help describe what I'm dealing with. As far as I know, this has always been like that. It's starting to get on my nerves, however, as it seems to be slowly getting worse. I'm afraid one day that little edge will catch on something and rip the battery right out! Any suggestions? Is this something that happens to all iBooks? If not, what should I do? Like I said, I bought the iBook just 7 and a half months ago... If this is a problem, is there a warranty that covers this? Who should I contact? Thanks a bunch! =) (P.S. I apologize for my evil camera... Seems to think it only has to focus when it feels like it, but these pictures should at least give you an idea of what I mean.)

12ibookg4
Jul 15, 2004, 10:00 PM
i have a 12'' iBook G4 and my battery does the same thing. I never woried about it catching on stuff and when I pull the laptop out of my bag it is always the rubber feet that catch not the battery. i don't think that you could get it replaced under warrenty because it is so minor.

Littleodie914
Jul 16, 2004, 08:39 AM
i have a 12'' iBook G4 and my battery does the same thing. I never woried about it catching on stuff and when I pull the laptop out of my bag it is always the rubber feet that catch not the battery. i don't think that you could get it replaced under warrenty because it is so minor. Okay, thanks for the info. I guess I just needed to know that this wasn't a problem only I was having. In that case, I might have had to head over to an Apple Store and see what was wrong... Now that I know that it's not just my pretty book, I think I'll live. Thanks! :D

Finiksa
Jul 16, 2004, 08:55 AM
This is normal behavior for all iBooks, it happens because the battery uses spring loaded contacts which push the battery out slightly. I wouldn't worry about it.