PDA

View Full Version : Anchorman...what did you think?

dave1234
Jul 15, 2004, 04:18 PM
How many people saw Anchorman? And what did you think? I thought the movie had many pluses. I loved all the weird references Will Ferrel made about Greek Gods and such, I loved all the camios(sp?), I thought the girl from Married With Children had a good performance. There were many downs to the movie, now when I went to the movie I was not expecting something with that deep of a plot or anything, but after the movie I was dissapointed on how amazingly thin the plot was. I thought Old School had a pretty decent plot. But Anchormans was pretty thin. The movie just seemed to happen so fast, no moments along the movie did I find myself questioning if something was not going to be resolved. It is a high5 or a low 6 in my book.

iJon
Jul 15, 2004, 05:14 PM
it was enjoyable, but it wasnt as good as i thought it would be. i enjoyed dodgeball much more.

iJon

MattG
Jul 15, 2004, 05:30 PM
Very funny, but very stupid at the same time. Some parts of the movie were just *really* dumb...like that whole animated part.

But most of it was really funny. I particularly enjoyed the part where Will Ferrell paid off the announcer to call Christina Applegate's character "Tits McGee" when he was introducing them :)

Laslo Panaflex
Jul 15, 2004, 05:48 PM
I haven't seen the final cut yet, only a draft screener from like,April (I can't remeber is was a long time ago). I did enjoy it though, some parts were really funny and some were, my god, dragged on and not funny. They probably added and deleted according to screening audiences.

I think I might thrown down the cash to see the final draft, the new trailer had footage that was not in the screener I saw, but, just because it is in the trailer doesn't mean it is in the final.

Here is a link to footage from a November draft if anyone is interested:

Draft footage (http://www.dreamworks.com/trailers/anchorman/clips/anchorman_clip_qt_480.mov)

stoid
Jul 15, 2004, 08:00 PM
It was too much of a drawn out SNL skit. Not worth my $6.50.

It would be worth picking up at Wal-Mart in the $5.88 DVD bin though. I'm sure that it would be a great movie to watch while drink off your ass. :D