PDA

View Full Version : +/- on Apple Bluetooth Mouse

AdamZ
Jul 15, 2004, 04:44 PM
Does anyone know what the +/- slider is used for on the inside bottom of the Apple Bluetooth Mouse?? I cannot find any info about it anywhere? I am assuming it is for the range of the bluetooth connection, but I see no differences when I change the slider.

jxyama
Jul 15, 2004, 04:57 PM
i think it's the springy-ness of the click... it's also present in the wired pro mouse.

btw, how do you like the BT mouse? i'm thinking about buying it, as it is the cheapest BT mouse... but it's also one button. i'd really love a BT multi-button mouse that doesn't cost $100...

mkrishnan
Jul 15, 2004, 05:08 PM
i think it's the springy-ness of the click... it's also present in the wired pro mouse.

btw, how do you like the BT mouse? i'm thinking about buying it, as it is the cheapest BT mouse... but it's also one button. i'd really love a BT multi-button mouse that doesn't cost $100...

Apple briefly confirms this on their BT mouse page (that it adjusts the tension).

As for the mouse, I think it works well -- tracks pretty well, gets good battery life, etc, but I got hooked on Sidetrack and I hardly ever use mine anymore. Wanna buy it? :p The Ed store price is $62, I'd probably sell it for about $50 shipped. Six months old, maybe about two hours of use.

jxyama
Jul 16, 2004, 09:06 AM
As for the mouse, I think it works well -- tracks pretty well, gets good battery life, etc, but I got hooked on Sidetrack and I hardly ever use mine anymore. Wanna buy it? :p The Ed store price is $62, I'd probably sell it for about $50 shipped. Six months old, maybe about two hours of use.

how long is the battery life (approximately)? if you've only used it two hours, then i guess you wouldn't be able to tell...

i might be interested. let me think about it for a bit...

Cuckoo
Jul 16, 2004, 09:22 AM
how long is the battery life (approximately)? if you've only used it two hours, then i guess you wouldn't be able to tell...

i might be interested. let me think about it for a bit...

Fist, i've used the mouse for about 6 months now, maybe a bit longer, batteries last about 4-5 weeks, and i use it quite intensively, never changable ones. I love how it works. That + and - thingy is in my opion a complete waste of features, it does absolutely nothing... i personally think it's a placebo....

But apart from that, it's a great mouse...

Cuckoo

JFreak
Jul 16, 2004, 09:42 AM
batteries last few months regular use, that is fair enough. movement is very precise and no wireless hiccups whatsoever. that is a great mouse!

michaelrjohnson
Jul 16, 2004, 10:09 AM

Try the MacAlly BT Mouse Mini (http://www.macally.com/spec/usb/input_device/btmini.html). It's multi-button, has a scroll-wheel, and only costs $50. I'm going to pick one up later this summer.

Previous Thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=75356&highlight=macally). It contains a link to a review.

Also, I just found this. If you are a student, you can get it for just $40 from Academic Superstore (http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/marketdisp.html?PartNo=714801&qk_srch=714801&id=244306).

Dreadnought
Jul 16, 2004, 11:37 AM
It's time that they make an IceMouse with Bluetooth there at MacAlly!