Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DdMac679

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
United States
I am using a Linksys router in a WPA2 configuration and have absolutely no issues connecting and keeping connected to my wireless network, but as soon as I disable the SSID Broadcast I run into issues. I am constantly having to manually reconnect to the network like establishing a new connection. It seems Airport doesn't want to remember my previous wireless settings like it would if SSID Broadcast was enabled. I have 3 other wireless PC's in the house and there is no connection issues with them... just the Mac.

Suggestions?

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
In System Preferences > Network, click "Advanced...", then the "Airport" tab.

Check "Remember networks this computer has joined".

Also, your hidden SSID network should be listed in the Preferred Network list. It should be at the top of the list.

Hope that helps.

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
Have you tried deleting all the networks then resetting up your connection? I had this issue once and that worked. Make sure you set up the connection AFTER you turn SSID off. It also may take a couple of tries. I had to do it twice but then it stuck.

Good luck.

DdMac679

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
United States
Have you tried deleting all the networks then resetting up your connection? I had this issue once and that worked. Make sure you set up the connection AFTER you turn SSID off. It also may take a couple of tries. I had to do it twice but then it stuck.

Good luck.

I tired it once and it didn't seem to work but it finally seems to have taken the second time. I am going to give it a few days and see what happens. Thanks for the help and I'll post back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.