PDA

View Full Version : iMove Import Problem (Error code: -43)

j4meswsa
Oct 8, 2009, 04:18 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm running iMovie 7.1.4 and I'm having a problem importing an MP4 file to work on. The MP4 file is a cartoon that has been created in a 3rd party on-line application, which I now want to add some titles and a logo to the end of.

I'm opening up iMove, then going to: File > Import Movie > But thats when I then get: (Error code: -43)

Has anyone any suggestions?

Thank you!

stridemat
Oct 8, 2009, 04:19 AM
Google is your friend...:D

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA22866 Hope it helps

j4meswsa
Oct 8, 2009, 05:08 AM
hey - thank you for looking. Unfortunately however - I do not currently have any plugins in place so this is of no use..

thewallbanger
Oct 8, 2009, 09:32 AM
Download the free program called MPEG Streamclip. Drag your video file into the Streamclip and select File --> Encode to Quicktime. In the next menu select the format "Apple Intermediate Codec" (AIC). Then click Run.

The converted file will be playable in iMovie 09.

j4meswsa
Oct 8, 2009, 10:19 AM
Download the free program called MPEG Streamclip. Drag your video file into the Streamclip and select File --> Encode to Quicktime. In the next menu select the format "Apple Intermediate Codec" (AIC). Then click Run.

The converted file will be playable in iMovie 09.

Nope - still wont work! (Error-43) now appears?
Have waisted a whole day now.. Eeek!

Mimz
Oct 8, 2009, 05:09 PM
The problem i have is slightly different.(no error code)
I use i movie 7.1.4 (i life 08)on a G5 PPC, so i cannot use ilife 09.
Until may everything was going fine. editing, putting films on the internet etc.
after may i movie says its importing the file, but it is not visible. it won't display it, so there won't be any editing. you can see the file when you look into the moviefile(imovie events)on the hard disk. i've been trying a lot of things like removing and reinstalling. other program's, nothing is working at the moment (i just like the Imovie program). is there anybody who has had the same kind of problem and solved it?

j4meswsa
Oct 12, 2009, 05:01 AM
okay - I have managed to get around the problem by bringing the movie files into iphoto >> then straight into imovie. All is now working fine!

Not ideal - but never the less a solution!