Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

br0adband

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
Does the app do what it's supposed to do, and do it well? If so, why would people complain about an icon... I mean really people, geez. The old saying "If you can't say anything good, keep 'yer trap shut" applies here methinks...

electroshock

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
Does the app do what it's supposed to do, and do it well? If so, why would people complain about an icon... I mean really people, geez. The old saying "If you can't say anything good, keep 'yer trap shut" applies here methinks...

Well, it's the first visual impression that people generally have with apps. So if it makes a poor first impression, some folks may not even bother to look further regardless of the app's merits.

So it's ultimately in the developer's best interests to put as much effort into the iconography as for the app coding. Some developers are a natural at making icons, while others (like me) suck and pays others to do it for them. :) Call it a cost of doing business to be factored in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.