Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swmbuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Hey guys,

I am starting a new project for the school year, regarding facial recognition of my psychology research project. The basic idea is to take photos of participants and edit them and then ask them which they prefer out of the edited images displayed.

Either way my tutor recommended a piece of software called Reallusion FaceFilter which can detect facial features and then all you need to do is tell it how much % you want to alter certain features. This is important as I will need to see how much % I can decrease or increase before a participant notices.

The problem is that FaceFilter is Windows only, but I already own a copy Photoshop on the Mac. Is their a way to very quickly alter facial features like this or perhaps there is a filter which can achieve this? FaceFilter automatically maps a face, and all you need to do is drag sliders. Either way I would very much prefer to do this work on my mac as photoshop will be necessary in my work flow anyway.

Many Thanks in advance!

raygungirl

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
Arizona
If you can find a copy of Windows, you can try this: http://www.virtualbox.org/

And install FaceFilter on the Windows virtual machine.

It's free. I haven't used it, but I've heard lots of people mention it on these boards. I can't speak to the difficulty of setting it up, cause I've never done anything like that. But free is free and probably worth a shot.

Good luck to you! :)

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
In photoshop this is easy.

Duplicate the layer, then select filter>liquify

This brings up the image in a new screen where you can use the pucker tool to shrink stuff (careful it's touchy). You can also use the bloat tool to expand stuff (it's touchy too). You can use the forward warp tool to tuck in ears or jawbones to make the face appear thinner.

The only problem is I don't think there's a way to say how much something has been modified. That's why you duplicate the layer, so you can go back and compare to the original.

SLC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.