PDA

View Full Version : I need help with finding a good iBook in my price range. Can you help?

ercj95
Oct 9, 2009, 10:42 AM
Hi, I'm looking to purchase an iBook (used, needless to say). I am a student in the last year of middle school, and I need something that I can use for the internet, reports, slideshows, etc. My current spending limit is $250, and I need wireless, at least 512MB of memory and at least a 700MHz processor. Could someone provide me links to a site that has an iBook that meets or exceeds my demands? Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! :)

:apple:s are the best! :-)

OrangeSVTguy
Oct 12, 2009, 05:59 PM
Check locally on craigslist. For $250, you should be able to find a 1ghz+ iBook or Powerbook G4 with good specs. This way you can pay cash since you don't have a credit card to make purchases from ebay or amazon and other online merchants. You also get to test the machine before you buy it so you can see if you're going to like it.

Don't buy a G3 iBook as those are getting too old. They are still a good laptop though but try to find at least a G4 with 1ghz and 1gb ram.

NewMacbookPlz
Oct 12, 2009, 07:14 PM
Most definitely try and find a >1Ghz G4 model, as anything less can be a quite slug at running 10.5 Leopard, and the G3's are REALLY quite slow for modern computing in my experience.

pvmacguy
Oct 12, 2009, 08:18 PM
I would definitely check craigs list. I would also test the machine before you pay for it, put it through some heavy processing test and make sure there won't be any random time outs or shut downs from faulty internals like the GPU etc. Possibly look for one with a newer HDD so that way it won't fail on you.