PDA

View Full Version : Tweetie 2 Arrives in the App Store

Small White Car
Oct 9, 2009, 02:50 PM
http://twitter.com/atebits/status/4742759455

It'll be on the store shortly.

So after all the arguing back and forth here comes the time to vote with your money. Will you be buying it?

I am.

iphonecrazyful
Oct 9, 2009, 02:51 PM
As will I :D

solace
Oct 9, 2009, 02:51 PM
as will i.

even if i'd been using Echofon Pro the last few months

radmonkeyx
Oct 9, 2009, 02:56 PM
yup, i'm in

iphonecrazyful
Oct 9, 2009, 02:58 PM
Just installing it as i type...

HellToupee
Oct 9, 2009, 02:58 PM
never used Tweetie but I'll give it a try for $2.99

solace
Oct 9, 2009, 03:01 PM
it's live!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=333903271&mt=8

w00t.

plus even if you bought Tweetie 1 and now buy Tweetie 2, that's only $1 more than Echofon Pro, SimplyTweet, and a bunch of other clients.

iphonecrazyful
Oct 9, 2009, 03:02 PM
Its a little laggy but im liking it so far :)

REDô
Oct 9, 2009, 03:02 PM
I'll be buying it too!

Downloading... yay! :D

nburwell
Oct 9, 2009, 03:04 PM
I also just checked the App Store on my phone and it's not showing up yet.

Small White Car
Oct 9, 2009, 03:04 PM

Actually type 'Tweetie 2' in the search field.

When I left the "2" off it didn't find it.

solace
Oct 9, 2009, 03:05 PM

search Tweetie 2 (make sure you have the space), it took me 2 tries on my phone

nburwell
Oct 9, 2009, 03:06 PM
I typed in both 'Tweetie' and 'Tweetie 2' but it comes up with "no matches." I'll keep trying.

wingnut8
Oct 9, 2009, 03:06 PM
I was a Tweetie user before I tried Twittelator Pro. Not sure if I want to switch back or not.

REDô
Oct 9, 2009, 03:07 PM
Just try the link posted above and you'll be lucky :)

Small White Car
Oct 9, 2009, 03:07 PM
I really like the "pull down to refresh" feature.

Very slick.

The 'Find Near Me' feature is kind of freaky now as well.

solace
Oct 9, 2009, 03:11 PM
hmm... laggy?

this seems like the fastest iPhone Twitter client i've used so far (and trust me i've bought just about every one).

switching between the timeline/mentions/messages, the loading is nearly instantenous.

return7
Oct 9, 2009, 03:13 PM
very nice UI.

seanmcbay
Oct 9, 2009, 03:13 PM
Can someone please tell me if Tweetie 2 retains the Ping.fm support from Tweetie 1?

iphonecrazyful
Oct 9, 2009, 03:15 PM
hmm... laggy?

i think it must have been my phone its ok now :(

solace
Oct 9, 2009, 03:15 PM
the 'Nearby' feature with the map is amazing :eek:

MattWylde
Oct 9, 2009, 03:23 PM
Well i can find the app in the store via search, but when I try to "click" the app to go the screen to buy it, my iPhone tells me "Your request cannot be completed".

I find it extremely lame that others can already download this app, yet for some reason I cannot. WTF Apple?

sparkomatic
Oct 9, 2009, 03:25 PM
I really like the "pull down to refresh" feature.

Very slick.

Agreed. Pretty cool.

the nearby feature is also very cool w/ the map.

heyp
Oct 9, 2009, 03:26 PM
can anyone confirm no additional themes like in the original tweetie? it may sound lame but i liked the chat bubble theme and was one of the reasons i bought tweetie in the first place

wingnut8
Oct 9, 2009, 03:28 PM
can anyone confirm no additional themes like in the original tweetie? it may sound lame but i liked the chat bubble theme and was one of the reasons i bought tweetie in the first place
wondering the same.

iphonecrazyful
Oct 9, 2009, 03:29 PM
There doesn't appear to be any themes im afraid. You can change the size of the font but thats it. :(

flatline82
Oct 9, 2009, 03:31 PM
No original themes...I was worried about this, however...I'm actually surprised :cool: I'm diggin it the way it is :D

njl
Oct 9, 2009, 03:36 PM
i just sold out and bought it, too. :D

nyisles84
Oct 9, 2009, 03:40 PM
same here. lol. Was gonna go for simplytweet, tried the lite and wasn't digging the UI. Gonna dl Tweetie 2 now

slapguts
Oct 9, 2009, 03:45 PM
Is it working on 3.0, or 3.0.1?

I still refuse to bump up to 3.1, don't want to lose tethering just yet.

Decided to give it a shot. Good news, works just fine on 3.0.1.

normwood
Oct 9, 2009, 03:55 PM
i just sold out and bought it, too. :D

I have to admit that I did too. I had downloaded Tweetdeck yesterday and Twitteriffic this morning and was pretty sold on Twitteriffic....and then I caved when I saw that it was available and downloaded in instantly....no hesitation.....zero to to dowloaded in 7 seconds.

I hate that I am a wet noodle!:D

Looks great so far!

Steve

Fedorov
Oct 9, 2009, 03:59 PM
Nice UI, super smooth scrolling, LOVE the pull down refresh feature - toss up between my SimplyTweet and Tweetie 2 now for daily use, will report back in a week ;)

cytoxyn
Oct 9, 2009, 04:02 PM
i just bought it and i like it over all. a couple things i don't like are that i cant use the chat bubbles theme and that there is no way to set the near by distance feature:(

solace
Oct 9, 2009, 04:05 PM
i just bought it and i like it over all. a couple things i don't like are that i cant use the chat bubbles theme and that there is no way to set the near by distance feature:(

just pinch in/out on the map to search a certain radius.

cytoxyn
Oct 9, 2009, 04:09 PM
just pinch in/out on the map to search a certain radius.

i know but i want a default larger area to cover since i live in a rural area

normwood
Oct 9, 2009, 04:10 PM
How in the heck do you show conversations?

Steve

Willson
Oct 9, 2009, 04:12 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Loving this so far!

knoxtown
Oct 9, 2009, 04:12 PM
Has anyone used Echofon Pro and Tweetie? I'm curious if its worth to buy and try out...

cytoxyn
Oct 9, 2009, 04:13 PM
no themes that i can find

TheCheapGeek
Oct 9, 2009, 04:19 PM
Can someone please tell me if Tweetie 2 retains the Ping.fm support from Tweetie 1?

It doesnt seem like it, im pretty bummed that it is gone.

bozzykid
Oct 9, 2009, 04:20 PM
How in the heck do you show conversations?

Steve

You click the "In reply to ..." button on a tweet.

Kahnyl
Oct 9, 2009, 04:33 PM
So what are the notifications all about? They're not push so what are they? I set one earlier but that person hasn't tweeted since.

njl
Oct 9, 2009, 04:35 PM
i have to reply again:

i'm really liking this app!! it's super fast and i love the fact that i can choose from a list of my friends to send an @ to multiple peeps (like bandmates, project members, etc.)

the only thing that seems VERY slow is the initial linking to the phones addy app...

is everyone having the same problem with that? when i hit the addy card on someone's profile, it takes about 20-30 seconds until it transfers to the iphone's addy app.

Pika
Oct 9, 2009, 04:38 PM
I though this was an upgrade from Tweetie 1 and now i have to pay again for the same app :mad:

FortWorthMac
Oct 9, 2009, 04:38 PM
So what are the notifications all about? They're not push so what are they? I set one earlier but that person hasn't tweeted since.

That's what I'm trying to figure out too.

It doesn't true "psuh notifications" as I wasn't given the setup alert from te phone that the iPhone OS provides.

I set one up on a tweeter I follow (the iphone blog) and within minutes they happen to send out a tweet but I got nothing. So I'm not sure......

heyp
Oct 9, 2009, 04:40 PM
i have to reply again:

i'm really liking this app!! it's super fast and i love the fact that i can choose from a list of my friends to send an @ to multiple peeps (like bandmates, project members, etc.)

the only thing that seems VERY slow is the initial linking to the phones addy app...

is everyone having the same problem with that? when i hit the addy card on someone's profile, it takes about 20-30 seconds until it transfers to the iphone's addy app.

it's pretty quick for me, but i'm not a big fan how it changes their name and if you already have an image tied to that person, it will overwrite it with their twitter pic

Kahnyl
Oct 9, 2009, 04:43 PM
I though this was an upgrade from Tweetie 1 and now i have to pay again for the same app :mad:

There's a whole other thread for whining about that.

Small White Car
Oct 9, 2009, 04:48 PM

There's a whole other thread for whining about that.

Yep. Here you go!
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=794464

njl
Oct 9, 2009, 04:52 PM
the 3 bucks was totally worth it. i IS a completely new app.

Rojo
Oct 9, 2009, 05:23 PM
It's pretty darn sexy. I'm loving it so far!!

But....is there really no way to lock portrait viewing so it doesn't go into landscape mode every time you turn it? If so...boo!!

Chundles
Oct 9, 2009, 05:25 PM

Not the same app, totally new app.

njl
Oct 9, 2009, 05:42 PM

But....is there really no way to lock portrait viewing so it doesn't go into landscape mode every time you turn it? If so...boo!!

i think if this would be a global option on the iphone, apple could add a WIN :D

Spiffyis5150
Oct 9, 2009, 05:43 PM

Click "Accounts on the top left then click "Settings" at the bottom left then tap "Advanced" and check out the "Auto Rotate" options.

Pika
Oct 9, 2009, 05:44 PM
Not the same app, totally new app.I purchased this app "again"... and...

- SimplyTweet have more features then Tweetie 2.
- Pay for each updates.
- Not much has changed from the previous one.
- Still no push notification.
- Only fancy design nothing new and exiting.

VSMacOne
Oct 9, 2009, 05:51 PM
i'm very tempted...

I purchased Tweetie 1.0 but got bored with it and went back to TweetDeck. Still loving that dark theme from TweetDeck so not sure about Tweetie 2.0. Although, the Offline stuff sounds great!

Chundles
Oct 9, 2009, 05:56 PM
I purchased this app "again"... and...

- SimplyTweet have more features then Tweetie 2.
- Pay for each updates.
- Not much has changed from the previous one.
- Still no push notification.
- Only fancy design nothing new and exiting.

You don't pay for updates, Tweetie 1 had 7 free updates. Updates within the 2.0 version number will also be free. Same as EVERY piece of software for the desktop.

Pika
Oct 9, 2009, 06:00 PM
You don't pay for updates, Tweetie 1 had 7 free updates. Updates within the 2.0 version number will also be free. Same as EVERY piece of software for the desktop.

Tell me.. what will happen when Tweetie 3, 4, 5... comes out?

PAY AGAIN... AGAIN AND AGAIN... for minor upgrades.

njl
Oct 9, 2009, 06:16 PM

if you're driving the whambulence, why not go to the other thread? :)

in re tweetdeck, i used to use it on iphone, but it won't take my reeeeeeaaaaallllllyyyyy long password.

yoppie
Oct 9, 2009, 06:17 PM
Just purchased it from the app store. :)

str1f3
Oct 9, 2009, 06:19 PM

I don't know. I can't read the future. So don't buy it.

kwjohns
Oct 9, 2009, 07:04 PM
Wasn't this supposed to have push notifications?

HellToupee
Oct 9, 2009, 07:24 PM
ok I bought T2 and can't find how to see conversational views. Simplytweet is very ease to see conversational views. How do I access this in tweetie 2?

I do like the look

Pika
Oct 9, 2009, 07:33 PM

THEY DON'T HAVE PUSH

str1f3
Oct 9, 2009, 07:43 PM

Strangely enough you can get push from the people you follow but not @'s and direct messages.

ok I bought T2 and can't find how to see conversational views. Simplytweet is very ease to see conversational views. How do I access this in tweetie 2?

I do like the look

Go to tweet and click "in reply to" button.

VSMacOne
Oct 9, 2009, 08:25 PM
Ok so I was having some timeline issues with TweetDeck for iPhone (just weird times for posts) so I decided to go ahead and give Tweetie 2 a shot.
WOW... what an app! It's smooth, fast, responsive and easy to use. LOVE the offline capabilities. Couldn't care less about PUSH - it would kill my battery.
So far, best Twitter app i've ever used!

Pooshka
Oct 9, 2009, 08:51 PM
Wait a sec, so it's gonna be $3 for each major update???

Chrysaor
Oct 9, 2009, 08:55 PM
Its a nice app, but way overrated.

Razeus
Oct 9, 2009, 09:14 PM
Well since I can't get Tweetdeck to sync between my Mac and iPhone, I'm trying this, given all the rave reviews of Tweetie 1 and hype for Tweetie 2.

MacRumors
Oct 9, 2009, 09:21 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/10/09/tweetie-2-arrives-in-the-app-store/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/10/09/222045-tweetie_2_1.jpg http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/10/09/222045-tweetie_2_2.jpg

Popular Twitter iPhone application Tweetie (http://www.atebits.com/tweetie-iphone/) received a major upgrade today with the release of Tweetie 2 [App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=333903271&mt=8), $2.99], completely rebuilt from the ground up to bring significant speed improvements and several new features. The extensive list of features in the application's App Store description includes:- Seamlessly handle multiple Twitter accounts
- Explore all of Twitter, from your own timeline and mentions, to the favorite tweets of your followers and friends
- Full persistence: more than just caching tweets, Tweetie 2 restores your entire UI if you quit or get a phone call
- Fantastic new offline mode. Read, tweet, favorite, follow, save to Instapaper and more even when you don't have a connection. Your actions will be synced as soon as you go back online
- Full landscape support (configurable of course)
- Live-filter your tweet stream
- Post photos and videos, even configure your own custom image host
- Vastly improved compose screen with recent hashtags, @people picker, URL shortening and more
- Compose screen multiple-attachments manager
- Drafts manager ensures you never lose a tweet (and you can even send drafts to Birdhouse)
- Link Twitter contacts to Address Book contacts
- Follow, unfollow, block and unblock from multiple accounts simultaneously
- Saved searches sync with Twitter.com and the upcoming Tweetie 2 for Mac
- Autocomplete recent searches and Go-to-user
- Threaded Direct Messages and improved conversation navigation
- TextExpander integration
- Rich integration with Follow Cost, Tweet Blocker, Favstar.fm and more
- Edit your own Twitter profile
- Specify custom API roots on a per-account basis
- Nearby map view
- Translate tweets
- Preview short URLs
- Safari bookmarklet support for easily sharing links
- In-app rich text email composition
- Tons of little things, including improved avatar caching, auto-refresh, refresh-all, seamless Twitlonger support, hashtag definitions and more
- This is just the beginning. Tweetie 2 is already built to take advantage of great new features coming from Twitter, so expect updates turning them on soon!Users of the original Tweetie application should note that the new version is a separate app and will require users to again shell out $3, but indications seem to be that the new version is already worth the fresh cash outlay, with more features to come in the future.

Article Link: Tweetie 2 Arrives in the App Store (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/10/09/tweetie-2-arrives-in-the-app-store/)

iphones4evry1
Oct 9, 2009, 09:45 PM
Competition is a good thing. I'm on my third Twitter App right now, and this looks promising. I'm going to get this one and hopefully it will be better than the App I have right now. And hopefully competition will keep making the Apps better and better. :)

E3BK
Oct 9, 2009, 09:53 PM
I have no prob paying for 2.0. It's less than a latte for goodness sake and is probably one of my/your most used apps. It is a giant step up from 1.0. You don't need push. Just turn on notifications. Same thing! Pull down refresh & local tweets map is pretty awesome! Also, I think sync functions will be available when tweetie for mac 2.0 is released.

Only gripe is themes. I want chat bubbles back!

SmugMac
Oct 9, 2009, 10:10 PM
Its a nice app, but way overrated.

I think so too. I find that Twitterrific is a more polished better looking app than Tweetie 2.0 - I have buyers remorse.

cocky jeremy
Oct 9, 2009, 10:38 PM
Tweetie was easily my favorite iPhone Twitter app, Tweetie 2 is easily my favorite now. Very nice!

t56camaro
Oct 9, 2009, 11:57 PM
Has anyone used Echofon Pro and Tweetie? I'm curious if its worth to buy and try out...

I was using Echofon Pro, but after trying Tweetie 2 I've decided to switch. I can't say that Tweetie 2 is everything Echofon is and more, but it is definitely a net gain, in my opinion.

tjcampbell
Oct 10, 2009, 06:37 AM
Bit of a scam that this isn't an upgrade from the Tweetie app.

markm49uk
Oct 10, 2009, 06:50 AM
I am a technology geek and have worked in the IT industry for over 20 years but I just don't 'get' Twitter ?

Afraid I'm missing something - can anyone enlighten me as to why Twitter is such a great thing ?:o

Manic Mouse
Oct 10, 2009, 07:29 AM

I'd rather pay and get upgrades than have the developer abandon the app because it isn't profitable to do anymore free updates. What should Loren do when everyone that will buy Tweetie already has it? Develop updates out of the goodness of his heart?

The app store has a problem, and that's the amount of crap and cheapness of that crap. It drives the price of everything down. Factor in that ALL upgrades are free and you have a major problem for devs. You can sell an app once to each user, at next to nothing cost, and that's all you get. Yes, initially it's good when you're selling 100K apps a week but what happens when everyone's bought your app? The app store has a sustainability problem, and it will soon rear it's ugly head.

Compare it to desktop software where even the most basic apps cost $10+ and all upgrades are paid.

I'm quite happy to pay Loren £1.79 every 8-12 months for his work on Tweetie because frankly it's amazing and £1.79 is pretty much nothing.

The problem with most whambulance drivers such as yourself is pretty much the same problem with society at large. You only care about yourself and what you can get for yourself regardless if it's at the expense of others. You have no social responsibility. People's inability to look past their own nose and care about others is really quite pathetic. You don't care if Loren gets paid for his work, or for a sustainable app store. Rather you simply care for how cheaply you can get apps and updates. The self-centredness, the "me me me"-ness of society has become quite a problem IMO.

TopToffee
Oct 10, 2009, 08:01 AM
I'd rather pay and get upgrades than have the developer abandon the app because it isn't profitable to do anymore free updates. What should Loren do when everyone that will buy Tweetie already has it? Develop updates out of the goodness of his heart?

The app store has a problem, and that's the amount of crap and cheapness of that crap. It drives the price of everything down. Factor in that ALL upgrades are free and you have a major problem for devs. You can sell an app once to each user, at next to nothing cost, and that's all you get. Yes, initially it's good when you're selling 100K apps a week but what happens when everyone's bought your app? The app store has a sustainability problem, and it will soon rear it's ugly head.

Compare it to desktop software where even the most basic apps cost $10+ and all upgrades are paid.

I'm quite happy to pay Loren £1.79 every 8-12 months for his work on Tweetie because frankly it's amazing and £1.79 is pretty much nothing.

The problem with most whambulance drivers such as yourself is pretty much the same problem with society at large. You only care about yourself and what you can get for yourself regardless if it's at the expense of others. You have no social responsibility. People's inability to look past their own nose and care about others is really quite pathetic. You don't care if Loren gets paid for his work, or for a sustainable app store. Rather you simply care for how cheaply you can get apps and updates. The self-centredness, the "me me me"-ness of society has become quite a problem IMO.

Hear f'n hear

eldervovichka
Oct 10, 2009, 08:30 AM
I really like the new look and it seems what's the word "snappier". It really is a cool app.

Jeff

starcrossed
Oct 10, 2009, 11:04 AM
App Store makes it's Extremely easy for devs to release an app make some money then disappear. $2.99 is cheaper than some Twitter apps, and I rather pay that over time knowing the dev will stick around. Loren has stated he would love to have had an upgrade price, but there is no easy way to do it in the app store As Of Now. There's no way to make a cheaper version that only Tweetie 1 users can buy, all app store shoppers would get the same deal.

As far as Push concerned, Tweetie hasn't done it yet because it relies on a developer to create their own server method to check for what you ask of it 24/7, then push that to Apple servers, then to you. Twitter has said they are looking into enabling a push service on their end that all developers would have access to, which would be a better, more reliable method. From what I understood, this feature is not too far off, hence why Tweetie 2 doesn't have the feature.

okrelayer
Oct 10, 2009, 11:30 AM
I am a technology geek and have worked in the IT industry for over 20 years but I just don't 'get' Twitter ?

Afraid I'm missing something - can anyone enlighten me as to why Twitter is such a great thing ?:o

twitter to me at a personal level that RSS did at a website level. the way i use twitter is to "follow" people that mean something to me. Graphic designers, musicians, comedians, celebrities, and of course friends. Its great to get incite in what these creative minds are doing through out the day. I don't care what a certain person ate for breakfast, but that certain person might have a really awesome link to share. thats the key to twitter. link sharing.

I also use twitter to research. If i am interested in a product, i will type in the product into twitter search and you get instant results to what real people are saying in real time. Thats how i use Twitter, and see some of its benefits.

stagi
Oct 10, 2009, 11:30 AM
Loving this upgrade so far and well worth the $3. Lots of little features but they are very handy and cool. Love the feature to add someone to your contacts, the refresh is really cool, threaded comments and inbox are nice. well put together

LoganT
Oct 10, 2009, 02:17 PM
Favorite UI feature is the refresh thing.

Eminemdrdre00
Oct 10, 2009, 02:42 PM
Favorite UI feature is the refresh thing.

Its pretty slick. I keep expecting for the Facebook app to refresh my newsfeed that way now haha

cocky jeremy
Oct 10, 2009, 03:49 PM
People are seriously complaining about $3? I mean, Jesus. I understand wanting bug fixes and stuff for a version for free. But you really expect this guy to give you major updates for free, when this is probably his career at this point?! Do him, yourself and the rest of us that have to listen to you a favor.. go use another Twitter app and shut up. Heís already said if he could, he would gladly offer an upgrade price for 1.x users.. but thatís not on him. Thatís Apple and the app store.

Eminemdrdre00
Oct 10, 2009, 04:02 PM
Heís already said if he could, he would gladly offer an upgrade price for 1.x users.. but thatís not on him. Thatís Apple and the app store.
He also said "Either I release it [Tweetie 2] completely for free and don't make any more money, or I charge $2.99 for everyone and piss off all the existing customers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BwbGAeTJnU

Randman
Oct 10, 2009, 04:24 PM
I did a review of it for the Florida Times-Union newspaper. Review is here (http://jacksonville.com/interact/blog/rand_miranda/2009-10-10/miranda_writes_iphone_app_review_tweetie_2) and here is a Posterous (http://randgm.posterous.com/tweetie-2-screenshots-1) posting of 26 screenshots of Tweetie 2.

markm49uk
Oct 10, 2009, 04:46 PM
twitter to me at a personal level that RSS did at a website level. the way i use twitter is to "follow" people that mean something to me. Graphic designers, musicians, comedians, celebrities, and of course friends. Its great to get incite in what these creative minds are doing through out the day. I don't care what a certain person ate for breakfast, but that certain person might have a really awesome link to share. thats the key to twitter. link sharing.

I also use twitter to research. If i am interested in a product, i will type in the product into twitter search and you get instant results to what real people are saying in real time. Thats how i use Twitter, and see some of its benefits.

Cheers - interesting. Never thought of using it for product searches etc.

Xibalba
Oct 10, 2009, 04:48 PM

exactly - people don't realize this yet with iphone apps because it's still relatively new and most apps get minor updates for free - very few have done a complete version revision of their software. probably over the next year, this will become more common and people will figure this out and quite whining.

but then again...people love to complain...but over $3 - seriously come on people...

tobefirst
Oct 10, 2009, 04:53 PM
...and if you already have an image tied to that person, it will overwrite it with their twitter pic

I don't care for that at all either. In fact, I would like to have it the other way- it shows my contact pic INSTEAD OF a tweeter's picture if I have one. It just replaced my sister's picture with the blank Twitter icon. Not cool.

Zman3001
Oct 10, 2009, 05:09 PM

Okay! If you care so much about others, well, I need to pay off my law school loans. It will be better for the world as I am planning on being a top notch criminal prosecutor, and plan to put a LOT of criminals away. This will, in some way shape or form, benefit you in the not so distant future. So, in order to make this happen, I need YOU to send me some money!! Surely, as you have said, people need to care about others. Its time to do your part! I'll PM you my address and how to make the check out. Thanks so much for your deep caring of others!

(See, thats your logic being taken for its word quite literally, doesn't quite work does it.) (Although, if you do actually say yes, I would be quite flabbergasted, eating crow for a while, and very grateful.)

tadunne
Oct 10, 2009, 06:37 PM

Think of twitter as something between online chat and forums. With the addition of twitter search and hash tags instant forums around a topic can be created.

Look at the trending twitter topics which generally follow the important things going on in the world at the moment.

A number of times I've been following an event or new TV programme I can instantly go on twitter and join in on a discussion about it.

Also the celebrity side of things is interesting, celebs can sign up and post info to their fans, but have complete control over who's messages they want to see.

Wolf103FM
Oct 10, 2009, 09:01 PM
I gladly paid the $3 for tweetie 1.0, after trying it cracked for 5 minutes (and no i don't have any cracked apps anymore). I gladly paid $3 again when 2.0 came out, and will yet again if 3.0 is also paid, because I have a job and can afford nice things, like a $3 app, and an iPhone.

brwnTiger
Oct 11, 2009, 12:54 AM
Anyone know of an easier way to refresh direct messages? Other than that, it's a very nice app...loving the new nearby interface.

Manic Mouse
Oct 11, 2009, 07:45 AM
Okay! If you care so much about others, well, I need to pay off my law school loans. It will be better for the world as I am planning on being a top notch criminal prosecutor, and plan to put a LOT of criminals away. This will, in some way shape or form, benefit you in the not so distant future. So, in order to make this happen, I need YOU to send me some money!! Surely, as you have said, people need to care about others. Its time to do your part! I'll PM you my address and how to make the check out. Thanks so much for your deep caring of others!

(See, thats your logic being taken for its word quite literally, doesn't quite work does it.) (Although, if you do actually say yes, I would be quite flabbergasted, eating crow for a while, and very grateful.)

I'm a medical student so I need my money in my pocket funding my studies! :p And in the UK my study is mostly funded by the government so people are paying for the good of society.

But of course, you do realise there's a difference between wanting everyone to get a fair deal and giving money away for free? You will get compensated for your work as a lawyer, you don't need my money. I just want to see that Atebits is compensated for his work as a dev.

My logic is that people should pay a fair amount for what they get, whereas in society today people only care about the monetary cheapness of things regardless of the wider cost. Cheap foods and electricity at the expensive of the environment, cheap clothes at the expensive of child labour etc.

Zman3001
Oct 11, 2009, 10:15 AM
I'm a medical student so I need my money in my pocket funding my studies! :p And in the UK my study is mostly funded by the government so people are paying for the good of society.

But of course, you do realise there's a difference between wanting everyone to get a fair deal and giving money away for free? You will get compensated for your work as a lawyer, you don't need my money. I just want to see that Atebits is compensated for his work as a dev.

My logic is that people should pay a fair amount for what they get, whereas in society today people only care about the monetary cheapness of things regardless of the wider cost. Cheap foods and electricity at the expensive of the environment, cheap clothes at the expensive of child labour etc.

Well you talk about fairness, I don't think its fair that your studies are funded by the government and mine are not, even though I will be working directly for the government in the very near future. And, its not fair to me that you may very well benefit directly from my work in several ways. For example, say you come to America for a holiday, and you are mugged. It would be my job to help get the guy responsible for your mugging and to be able to put you back to your position before you were mugged, at no cost to you because you are not an American citizen and don't pay taxes. So, I feel toat you owe me money because that would be fair. I know i'm making money as an attorney, but so is Loren on the many, many other projects he has going on for him. Its only fair that we are both compensated justly for everything we do, right? Just like you would want to be compensated by me if I came to your country and needed medical help, it would be nothing out of my pocket, and that doesn't seem fair to you personally doing something without just compensation.

My point is, each of us has our own lives to support, because really when it comes down to it, no one else is giving us a free ride...well except for you and thats not really fair. Well then to educate you, in America, no one gets a free ride. We're all for ourselves here, and then we have to pay taxes up the ass for the people on welfare who mooch off of the welfare system without really doing anything. No ones gonna help me with my law school loans even though the work I am doing will benefit many, many people. I will get a small government salary (criminal prosecutors do not make a lot of money at all, thats why so many attorneys try to go to private practices and big law firms, to make that 6 or 7 figure income). Does that seem fair? No.

Loren is gonna be ok, whether he had charged for Tweetie 2 or not. He has many other things going on, many other products, and he gets paid for those lectures he does. The guys who created youtube didn't charge people to access the videos hosted on their site for free, or charge people each time they updated their servers and software, yet they are rolling in the dough. In America, we thrive on customer satisfaction. I personally do not feel Loren did enough with Tweetie 1 in satisfying his customers before going ahead and charging full price for an "update." And his excuse that Apple didn't provide an upgrade path is a cop out. I read his tweet on the decision; he did it because he "had the balls to do it." He should at least go back to Tweetie 1 and upgrade that as much as possible until he can't anymore. He stated that he wanted to do things to Tweetie that were impossible to do without rewriting the app from scratch. Thats fine, but you can't leave your old customers out in the cold like he did. People paid for Tweetie 1 without knowing that Loren would be pulling this stunt off. Thats not fair to them, they deserve to be satisfied, they paid a fair amount and got ditched, bamboozled, baited and switched. If he wants to justify charging again, then he needs to go back to Tweetie 1 and fix it up as much as possible to satisfy everyone. THAT would be fair. I really hope he sees this too. Its not unprecedented; Microsoft kept XP updated because people didn't want to move to Vista, same with Office 2003 to 2007. Upgrading to Tweetie 2 means you lose out on themes, which were important to many people. Theres no push on Tweetie 2, so those with Tweetie 1 aren't missing out on too much. I think now that Loren has double the income (they haven't taken Tweetie 1 off the app store), he now has sufficient funds to keep Tweetie 1 alive with newer features and updates, until he can't go any farther with the Tweetie 1 code. No free rides for Loren if there are no free rides for the consumer. It means less time doing the university talks and interviews, and more time working for his money.

chrisleavens
Oct 11, 2009, 11:28 AM
Well you talk about fairness, I don't think its fair that your studies are funded by the government and mine are not, even though I will be working directly for the government in the very near future. And, its not fair to me that you may very well benefit directly from my work in several ways. For example, say you come to America for a holiday, and you are mugged. It would be my job to help get the guy responsible for your mugging and to be able to put you back to your position before you were mugged, at no cost to you because you are not an American citizen and don't pay taxes. So, I feel toat you owe me money because that would be fair. I know i'm making money as an attorney, but so is Loren on the many, many other projects he has going on for him. Its only fair that we are both compensated justly for everything we do, right? Just like you would want to be compensated by me if I came to your country and needed medical help, it would be nothing out of my pocket, and that doesn't seem fair to you personally doing something without just compensation.

My point is, each of us has our own lives to support, because really when it comes down to it, no one else is giving us a free ride...well except for you and thats not really fair. Well then to educate you, in America, no one gets a free ride. We're all for ourselves here, and then we have to pay taxes up the ass for the people on welfare who mooch off of the welfare system without really doing anything. No ones gonna help me with my law school loans even though the work I am doing will benefit many, many people. I will get a small government salary (criminal prosecutors do not make a lot of money at all, thats why so many attorneys try to go to private practices and big law firms, to make that 6 or 7 figure income). Does that seem fair? No.

Loren is gonna be ok, whether he had charged for Tweetie 2 or not. He has many other things going on, many other products, and he gets paid for those lectures he does. The guys who created youtube didn't charge people to access the videos hosted on their site for free, or charge people each time they updated their servers and software, yet they are rolling in the dough. In America, we thrive on customer satisfaction. I personally do not feel Loren did enough with Tweetie 1 in satisfying his customers before going ahead and charging full price for an "update." And his excuse that Apple didn't provide an upgrade path is a cop out. I read his tweet on the decision; he did it because he "had the balls to do it." He should at least go back to Tweetie 1 and upgrade that as much as possible until he can't anymore. He stated that he wanted to do things to Tweetie that were impossible to do without rewriting the app from scratch. Thats fine, but you can't leave your old customers out in the cold like he did. People paid for Tweetie 1 without knowing that Loren would be pulling this stunt off. Thats not fair to them, they deserve to be satisfied, they paid a fair amount and got ditched, bamboozled, baited and switched. If he wants to justify charging again, then he needs to go back to Tweetie 1 and fix it up as much as possible to satisfy everyone. THAT would be fair. I really hope he sees this too. Its not unprecedented; Microsoft kept XP updated because people didn't want to move to Vista, same with Office 2003 to 2007. Upgrading to Tweetie 2 means you lose out on themes, which were important to many people. Theres no push on Tweetie 2, so those with Tweetie 1 aren't missing out on too much. I think now that Loren has double the income (they haven't taken Tweetie 1 off the app store), he now has sufficient funds to keep Tweetie 1 alive with newer features and updates, until he can't go any farther with the Tweetie 1 code. No free rides for Loren if there are no free rides for the consumer. It means less time doing the university talks and interviews, and more time working for his money.

Wow. Not to be an ass or anything, but it seems like you've spent at least $3.00 of your time composing this retort.;)

Honestly, I shelled out the cash for the same reason Manic did, so I'm not going to repeat what he said because I think it's pretty pitch-perfect. But I will add:

Should I get the next Radiohead album for free since I paid for "In Rainbows?" Should I get free admission to the next Batman movie because I paid to see the last one? They're all new works, with new money and time put into them, just like Tweetie 2, so we pay for them anew, regardless of how many other projects the creators have going on, how financially OK they are, or how good or bad the antecedent was. Oh, and there was a big old warning on the Tweetie 1 entry warning potential buyers that 2 was just around the corner. Don't know how long it was there, but it was there.

LoganT
Oct 11, 2009, 11:54 AM
I think the sensitivity of the swipe gestures should be a little more sensitive. It works at first, then the next time I try to do it on the same Tweet it opens it instead of showing the extra stuff.

Manic Mouse
Oct 11, 2009, 11:57 AM
I don't think its fair that your studies are funded by the government and mine are not

Unfortunately that's something I have no control over, take it up with your government. Remember, if you live in a democracy they work for you.

I know i'm making money as an attorney, but so is Loren on the many, many other projects he has going on for him.

So he should make Tweetie for free because he makes money elsewhere? Can you see where this argument falls apart? This would be like you representing people for free because you have a second job somewhere. Loren can charge whatever he wants for Tweetie because he made it, and people can decide whether or not they want to pay what he's asking. What he's asking is more than fair IMO, so I have no problem paying. How anyone could think that what he's asking isn't fair boggles my mind.

My point is, each of us has our own lives to support, because really when it comes down to it, no one else is giving us a free ride...well except for you and thats not really fair.

I'm not getting a "free ride". I will be working for the NHS for the rest of my life, that's why they help fund (and participate in) my education. It's estimated to cost around £250,000 to train a doctor, so if the NHS didn't pay for the training of their staff they wouldn't have any! I will add that I pay the same fees as all other university students (£3,250/y).

Well then to educate you, in America, no one gets a free ride. We're all for ourselves here, and then we have to pay taxes up the ass for the people on welfare who mooch off of the welfare system without really doing anything. No ones gonna help me with my law school loans even though the work I am doing will benefit many, many people. I will get a small government salary (criminal prosecutors do not make a lot of money at all, thats why so many attorneys try to go to private practices and big law firms, to make that 6 or 7 figure income). Does that seem fair? No.

Loren has complete control over what he asks for Tweetie, he's not dictated to like someone with a salary is. Salaries are dictated by supply and demand, capitalism, not fairness. So are app sales, if people don't think what Loren's asking is fair they won't pay it. But anyone that can say $3 isn't a fair price is silly.

It's your decision whether you work at that salary, it's also the customer's decision whether or not they pay for the update. If the pay isn't fair then quit. If the app's too expensive (in your eyes) then don't buy it.

In regards to criminal prosecutors, do you not have any form of trade union to fight for your cause (and salaries)?

Loren is gonna be ok, whether he had charged for Tweetie 2 or not. He has many other things going on, many other products, and he gets paid for those lectures he does.

So again, he should make Tweetie out of the goodness in his heart and give it away free? You don't know his situation and even if you did it's not your decision to make. He put the work in, he made the app and therefore he has the right to charge whatever he wants. Tweetie is a great product, one that he deserves to be compensated for. It's worth way more to me than the $6 it's cost me.

In America, we thrive on customer satisfaction.

And customer satisfaction should breed generosity, which translates into profit. I'm satisfied with Tweetie, hence I support it.

I personally do not feel Loren did enough with Tweetie 1 in satisfying his customers before going ahead and charging full price for an "update." And his excuse that Apple didn't provide an upgrade path is a cop out. I read his tweet on the decision; he did it because he "had the balls to do it."

What Loren meant was he had "the balls" to stand up to the toxic app store environment for developers. Which you will find most developers really support and admire him for doing so.

He should at least go back to Tweetie 1 and upgrade that as much as possible until he can't anymore. He stated that he wanted to do things to Tweetie that were impossible to do without rewriting the app from scratch. Thats fine, but you can't leave your old customers out in the cold like he did. People paid for Tweetie 1 without knowing that Loren would be pulling this stunt off. Thats not fair to them, they deserve to be satisfied, they paid a fair amount and got ditched, bamboozled, baited and switched.

They paid for Tweetie 1. They got Tweetie 1. They did NOT pay for constant updates which are at the discretion of Loren. They are NOT entitled to free updates for life, or x number of years. Again, that's at Loren's discretion. Loren did not leave customers "out in the cold". Tweetie 1 works just as well as the day he sold them it, and will continue to do so.

I don't know where you got this idea of an entitlement to updates from, because it's nowhere in the contract you made when buying the app. You aren't entitled to free OSX updates, or for any other kind of software.

If he wants to justify charging again, then he needs to go back to Tweetie 1 and fix it up as much as possible to satisfy everyone. THAT would be fair. I really hope he sees this too.

What exactly needs fixing in Tweetie 1? To my knowledge there were plenty of updates.

Upgrading to Tweetie 2 means you lose out on themes, which were important to many people. Theres no push on Tweetie 2, so those with Tweetie 1 aren't missing out on too much. I think now that Loren has double the income (they haven't taken Tweetie 1 off the app store), he now has sufficient funds to keep Tweetie 1 alive with newer features and updates, until he can't go any farther with the Tweetie 1 code. No free rides for Loren if there are no free rides for the consumer. It means less time doing the university talks and interviews, and more time working for his money.

I think you need to rethink your logic here, Tweetie 2 is the updated Tweetie. And a quick iTunes search shows that Tweetie has been removed from the app store.

njl
Oct 11, 2009, 01:18 PM
guys, if you don't want to pay $3 for an app, DON'T BUY IT!

it's sad as to the amount of bishes, here.

rich2000
Oct 11, 2009, 02:59 PM
It's an OK update but I'm kinda disappointed was expecting much more. There are other Twitter clients out there with more features. I'll give them the map though.. thats nice.

I'm using Tweetings at the moment, I like the post what your listening to on your iPod feature.

johnnyjibbs
Oct 12, 2009, 09:39 AM
It's certainly not as sleek as before but that's my first impression. Not quite as professional looking and the UI is almost 'overdone'.

Might revert to Tweetie 1.

Maps are nice though.

rich2000
Oct 12, 2009, 10:40 AM
It's certainly not as sleek as before but that's my first impression. Not quite as professional looking and the UI is almost 'overdone'.

Might revert to Tweetie 1.

Maps are nice though.

That's it exactly, I've been trying to think what it is... and you're right the UI is actually overdone!

normwood
Oct 12, 2009, 11:55 AM
That's it exactly, I've been trying to think what it is... and you're right the UI is actually overdone!

Having trouble computing what exactly is "overdone" about the UI of this app. It is simple, clean and well organized.

If you so desire, help a brother out and explain what is "overdone" about the UI?

Steve

Eminemdrdre00
Oct 12, 2009, 11:58 AM
Having trouble computing what exactly is "overdone" about the UI of this app. It is simple, clean and well organized.

If you so desire, help a brother out and explain what is "overdone" about the UI?

Steve

He did things the Apple way and put design before function.

Tweetie 2 is beautiful, but not having push notifications is pathetic. Whats even more pathetic is his excuse that "its borderline impossible to do it reliably". Thats funny, because I have SimplyTweet & Echofon Pro and they both push great!

jamespa66
Oct 12, 2009, 12:19 PM
Against what I originally said I shelled out another $3 and bought the update. Was it worth the $3? no not really. Lost the themes. As others have said the UI is over designed and not completely functional. I have noticed some missing tweets, this is NOT acceptable.

Eminemdrdre00
Oct 12, 2009, 12:26 PM
Against what I originally said I shelled out another $3 and bought the update. Was it worth the $3? no not really. Lost the themes. As others have said the UI is over designed and not completely functional. I have noticed some missing tweets, this is NOT acceptable.

I hate his BS excuse for not having themes. "We didnt remove them, we just didnt add them. Its a whole new app".

If he's calling it "Tweetie 2", its not exactly a "whole new app". Its supposed to be Tweetie 1 with more features, and a UI refresh if thats what he wants to do. Its not supposed be be less functional than the app that came before it.

gibbz
Oct 12, 2009, 12:29 PM
Its not supposed be be less functional than the app that came before it.

I would think themes would fall under the "form" category, rather than "function"

jamespa66
Oct 12, 2009, 01:34 PM
I would think themes would fall under the "form" category, rather than "function"

Okat then lets just say that "Tweetie 2" is lacking in both form and function.

normwood
Oct 12, 2009, 01:41 PM
He did things the Apple way and put design before function.

Tweetie 2 is beautiful, but not having push notifications is pathetic. Whats even more pathetic is his excuse that "its borderline impossible to do it reliably". Thats funny, because I have SimplyTweet & Echofon Pro and they both push great!

Personally don't get the desire to have push for Tweets. Atleast in my case my world won't come to a screaching halt if I don't get my tweets right away. I have a job and such so I can't afford the time to look at tweets every thirty seconds...cuz...well....I have a job and such. I check them when there is a lul on the action or when I get home.

Then again, I don't have push turned on for my work or personal e-mail accounts either. I want to be in control of my e-mail....not it in control of me.

Steve

rich2000
Oct 12, 2009, 03:17 PM
Personally don't get the desire to have push for Tweets. Atleast in my case my world won't come to a screaching halt if I don't get my tweets right away. I have a job and such so I can't afford the time to look at tweets every thirty seconds...cuz...well....I have a job and such. I check them when there is a lul on the action or when I get home.

Then again, I don't have push turned on for my work or personal e-mail accounts either. I want to be in control of my e-mail....not it in control of me.

Steve

Sure but the point is that with other apps you have the option of having push, themes and more. It's form over function as said before, unfortunately the function isn't what it could be.

Knowlege Bomb
Oct 12, 2009, 03:25 PM
After using Tweetie 2 for a couple days I went back to the original. There's nothing in 2 I can't live without and Tweetie just looks better IMO.

Good thing I had it in my iTunes because it was gone from the store when I went to download it.

McBeats
Oct 13, 2009, 07:15 AM
the google maps tweets is AWESOME

obee1
Oct 13, 2009, 07:24 AM
I'd rather pay and get upgrades than have the developer abandon the app because it isn't profitable to do anymore free updates.

Excuse me, but he did abandon it. He abandoned Tweetie 1 to create Tweetie 2.

I don't care about the $3. $3 is no big deal and I have absolutely no desire to have this app anyway. By the way, I keep hearing it's not an upgrade, but you're saying he's charging to keep upgrading his app. Which is it? Is he charging for an upgrade or abandoning his app that people paid for, for this brand new app that he says isn't an upgrade?

Quite frankly, whether this app is worth the money or not, is of no consequence to me (as stated, I don't want it in any event), but what does concern me is the precedent it may set. "It's only $3." Multiply that by all of the apps in the app store. Imagine some of the developers of the crap apps charging people for an update to make their games do what they should've done in the first place. It could turn into much more than "only $3."

Hopefully, that won't happen on a large scale, but I doubt some sleazy developers out there won't be thinking about it now. "Buy e-mail 2. If you purchase this app, you can send e-mail as well as receive it."

dalvin200
Oct 13, 2009, 07:45 AM
totally agree with you here mate!

Mastershredder
Oct 13, 2009, 10:11 AM
I bought Tweetie 1 when it first came out and have been relatively happy with it... now that I see Tweetie 2 is out, I was about to buy it ,when I noticed Tweetie 1 is no longer available. Doesn't anyone else see a problem with this? What happens if something happens to the Twitter API, forcing all developers of all platforms to rewrite some code. Wouldn't that mean the thousands of people who bought Tweetie 1 would be SOL?

I'm all for paying developers for coming out with newer versions of their software.. and people here are complaining about how the App Store buyers shouldn't be bitching about having to spend $3 here and there when normal Desktop apps can cost $10, $20, $30 etc.. but there's a difference... If I go to buy a Mac App, there's always the old version that I can download if I so choose.

I paid for Tweetie 1.. this means that if my computer goes, and I lose my downloaded version, i'll never be able to download it again? Or if i'm on the road and my iPhone has a problem and I want to re-download through the App Store, I can't? Sorry, but that's not acceptable to me.

Look at Pangea Software's Enigmo for example. I bought that and had fun with it. Enigmo 2 is out, but it's not replacing Enigmo... Both versions are available...

Knowlege Bomb
Oct 13, 2009, 03:33 PM
Good thing I had it in my iTunes because it was gone from the store when I went to download it.

I bought Tweetie 1 when it first came out and have been relatively happy with it... now that I see Tweetie 2 is out, I was about to buy it ,when I noticed Tweetie 1 is no longer available. Doesn't anyone else see a problem with this? What happens if something happens to the Twitter API, forcing all developers of all platforms to rewrite some code. Wouldn't that mean the thousands of people who bought Tweetie 1 would be SOL?

I'm all for paying developers for coming out with newer versions of their software.. and people here are complaining about how the App Store buyers shouldn't be bitching about having to spend $3 here and there when normal Desktop apps can cost $10, $20, $30 etc.. but there's a difference... If I go to buy a Mac App, there's always the old version that I can download if I so choose.

I paid for Tweetie 1.. this means that if my computer goes, and I lose my downloaded version, i'll never be able to download it again? Or if i'm on the road and my iPhone has a problem and I want to re-download through the App Store, I can't? Sorry, but that's not acceptable to me.

Look at Pangea Software's Enigmo for example. I bought that and had fun with it. Enigmo 2 is out, but it's not replacing Enigmo... Both versions are available...

This is ridiculous. Especially when Loren and all his loyal followers are justifying the price because Tweetie 2 is a new app, not an upgrade. If that's the case then why is the app it's NOT replacing gone from the App Store?

This dude is scheisty. I wish I hadn't paid for either of his apps.

Eminemdrdre00
Oct 13, 2009, 04:15 PM

Steve

Push for @mentions & DMs mostly. Of course push for your timeline tweets would get annoying. I'm a full time software developer BTW. Congrats on having a job in this bad economy!

Track&Share
Oct 13, 2009, 08:37 PM
Check the signature link and let me know if you like to combination.

juanster
Oct 13, 2009, 09:55 PM
hmm got the app... hmm not convinced..I guess im just too used to twitterofn or echofon now.. im going:o back to it...

johnnyjibbs
Oct 14, 2009, 03:56 AM
Ok, so it seems the developer has kick up a bit of furore on this one.. ;)

Personally, I don't mind paying the £1.79 again to buy Tweetie 2 - at the end of the day it hardly breaks the bank. I'm not disgusted by it because he needs to keep making money somehow. (Although it looks like this developer may now be quite well off, judging by its ranking in the Top Grossing list ;))

But I do get this underwhelming feeling when I use Tweeite 2 - as it seems others do - and I think this stems from a few things:

1) In some ways, the new app is not 'better' than the first Tweetie - the UI is not so nice (an opinion), the speed is not so silky smooth (less of an opinion, bit more fact) and it doesn't even seem to do everything that Tweetie 1 did. In fact, I'm struggling to see - for my uses at least - what this version achieves that the first one didn't. And the implementation is not so nice either. What is the 'killer app' in version 2? :confused:

2) The idea that it was built from the ground up again. As the developer puts it - "I didn't just add a feature and change the version number. That's lame." Problem is, Tweetie 1 did not have any flaws or shortcomings in its implementation and was silky smooth and fast, at least for me. Tweetie 2 doesn't quite deliver that, which is why I'm left disappointed.

3) Tweetie 1 had 'wow' factor, Tweetie 2 doesn't.

4) The new icon is horrible (a matter of opinion, of course ;))

5) In deleting the first app from the store, Tweetie 1 has been end of life'd. Therefore, this version effectively stifles any upgrades to version 1, including any potential bug fixes.

6) The new version is underwhelming (did I say that already? :D)

Of course, one advantage of declaring Tweetie 2 as a whole new app is that it does give me the freedom to 'downgrade' back to Tweetie 1!!! I know which version of the app will be sitting on my iPhone's front page...

johnnyjibbs
Oct 14, 2009, 04:09 AM

Steve
I remember back in the Nintendo 64 days there was a good Mario-like platform game called Banjo Kazooie. The first one looked amazing, was smooth and was a joy to play, looking great for one of the earlier games to come out on the system.

Fast forward a couple of years and Banjo Tooie (Banjo Kazooie 2) came out. Sure, it was 'bigger and better', with even more stuff going on and 'better graphics'. But it pushed the N64 beyond its capabilities and suffered from jerky gameplay, with too many things packed in for its own good. The whole game was, while good in pockets, too cluttered and the whole thing felt 'overdone'.

Tweetie 1 was akin to Banjo Kazooie. Unfortunately, Tweetie 2 is a bit more 'Banjo Tooie'. It's the classic underwhelming film sequel, there to cash on in on a brilliant first version.

TvvitterBug
Jan 7, 2010, 02:46 PM
You should check out TvvitterBug Version 1.0 available on the App Store. It's incredibly simple, powerful, flexible, fast, and most importantly fun! It quickly and easily allows you to customize your Twitter experience just for you. Released yesterday!

E3BK
Jan 7, 2010, 04:21 PM
As it seems that Tweetie will never re-implement the old RT style, I've been playing with a few other apps. I don't mind paying for apps that give me what I'm looking for. I cross my fingers for an update but I doubt I will ever pay for another app from Loren. Unfortunate since it was my favorite app until the last update. I paid for it twice and recommended it to so many people. The RT style is a big deal to me. Sorry. His unwillingness to listen to users that paid for his app really bothers me.

Twittelator is feature packed but maybe too much so? There's a lot of control over the look but it just always feels cluttered to me.

Simplytweet is also a pretty good app but a bit outdated as they haven't updated in a while with the new features. But it's a nice simple app with Push. The dev is working on a new app and I'm really looking forward to it. I got this for free when it was first released and I'd be willing to pay for the new app if it looks good.

Twitbird Pro is another one I got for free when it was first released and I've started using it again since the last update. It rocks my socks! I've not paid for the push feature but I really don't need it since I get an SMS when I get DM's and check it often enough. lol. I love the themes and how you can change the background image. It has all the features I want and none of that extra crap no one uses. Who the hell cares about Favstar????

One thing I *really* want to see more of is being able to post to Flickr. That is probably one of the things I miss most about Tweetie (even though it's not native).