Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Scanner Pro transforms iPhone into portable scanner in your pocket. It lets you scan multipage documents, send them by email and even upload to MobileMe iDisk or any other WebDAV enabled server. You can also transfer scanned document to desktop computer over Wi-Fi and transform it into editable MS Word file with OCR tool of your choice.

Scanner Pro easily handles situations when you have printed document that should be send by email and there is no scanner nearby. The application incorporates special algorithms that enhance image quality to make it as readable as possible.

AppStore link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=333710667&mt=8

With Scanner Pro you can:

* Scan Multipage Documents

Scanner Pro can handle any type of document ranging from simple one page letters to multipage agreements.
* Make Industry Standard PDF Files

All scanned document are produced as industry standard PDF files.
* Protect Documents With Password

Scanner Pro allows you to set password for PDF files you create. Only people who know the password will be able to open the document.
* Transfer Documents to Mac and PC

Mount Scanner Pro as a shared network drive over Wi-Fi network to any computer and copy scanned PDF files from iPhone. No additional software is required.
* Send Scans by E-mail

Just scan any document you want and tap send button. Yes, it's that simple.
* Preview Documents Before Sending

Built-in viewer allows to preview your scans exactly the same as they will look on desktop computer.
* Upload Scans to Online File Storages

o MobileMe iDisk
o Other WebDAV compatible online storages (including box.net and Humyo)

2.jpg

7.jpg

1.jpg

aerodoc

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2009
Maybe I don't get it, but $7 for an app that takes a picture and converts it to a PDF? For any real scanning I would use a scanner. For simple scanning you can just use the images themselves. While it is a neat concept, I am not really sure what need this fills.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
For myself, there was one that worked with an expense software (i think). The fact that i could just take pictures of receipts when i get them and know i'm good would be worth it.

That is my main wish....

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Evernote integration

Scanner Pro 1.1, new version of their popular iPhone application that transforms the device into portable scanner.

Scanner Pro 1.1 introduces highly anticipated Evernote integration that lets people convert printed documents, receipts and even handwritten notes into searchable information accessible from anywhere. Scanner Pro 1.1 is available on Apple App Store at $6.99 to the new customers and as a free upgrade for existing users.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Hello guyz,
You know that we (Readdle) are working 24/7 on improving our apps.

As a result, Scanner PRO 1.2.0 is out.

New features include uploading to Dropbox (in addition to other WebDAV enabled servers, like MobileMe iDisk or Humyo), and – integration with Print&Share, so you can print scanned documents from your iPhone.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
As a result, Scanner PRO 1.2.0 is out.

It's very good, though I don't use Dropbox. However I do feel that this latest version does tend to over-expose the pages now.

Edit: Scratch that. I've just realised the over exposure is due to the use of Greyscale only option, making anything not black, white. It just seems a little OTT.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Scanner Pro is currently on sale for 4.99$ only.

There will be a HUGE upgrade in a few weeks. Get it, while it's 25% discount price. The normal price will be returned by Monday.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Scanner Pro update: improved integration with Evernote

Scanner Pro, that turns the iPhone into portable scanner, now transfers location data of the notes uploaded to Evernote. The new feature makes it easy to store the geographical context.

Update it for free: http://itunes.apple.com/app/scanner-pro-scan-multipage/id333710667?mt=8

How it works: put a document down on a table, snap a picture of each of the pages, crop out anything in the image that doesn’t belong, optimize the image for the best printing results. Once all scanned pages are processed, they are converted into a PDF and can be email or uploaded to Dropbpx, Evernote or Google Docs.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Scanner Pro 4.0 becomes universal

scannerpro-banner-icon.png

Scanner Pro 4 is in the App Store! It features a brand new iPad version and makes the whole app universal.

It simply converts your iPhone and iPad into portable scanners, making your hardware scanner obsolete.

All new
Scanner Pro 4 is completely new on the iPad. Rethought and redesigned from the ground up. Everything was reconsidered. Every screen, every tap, every button. Nothing left intact – every idea and every feature had to prove its value for the iPad update.

Famous
Scanner Pro for iPhone was released back in 2009. Even though it wasn't the first app to introduce the concept of scanning documents with the iPhone camera, Scanner Pro was so great that it has instantly become #1 business app in 20+ countries, and remained there for more than 2 years.

Innovative

The new iPad got an excellent camera and it is now possible to get good quality scans with its help. The natural move for any other successful product would be to scale the app for the iPad screen and to release the update. However, we have decided to use it as an opportunity to revamp Scanner Pro and to apply some of the things we've learned from our users during these years.

Simple
One of the best things about the new Scanner Pro is its simplicity. Less is more, isn’t it? Now the focus is on the document and that is where all design changes were made. Want to crop the image? The new iPad screen is great, so you don't need to have a magnifying glass to nail the edge. Want to reorder pages within the document? Just drag it up or down through the list. Want to group scans into a folder? Just drag one on top of the other. You physically touch your scans to manage them and it is just amazing.

Universal

Scanner Pro 4 comes as a universal app and runs on both the iPad and the iPhone. Its new iPad interface is a result of numerous debates and decisions. We would really like to learn how these changes worked for you on the iPad and we are planning to bring the best of them to the iPhone in a few weeks.

We would like to hear your thoughts!

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Great news!

We've just released an amazing update for Scanner Pro.

The latest update adds tremendous power to the app, an it is an inevitable step in its evolution. Real-time border detection technology works perfectly and makes it very easy for the user to see which part of the document will be scanned.

How Scanner Pro is different from the picture you can take with the iPhone/ iPad camera?

- it automatically crops the document and makes the scan more readable
- it removes shadows and corrects perspective
- it can save scans as b/w document
- it scans multipage documents and saves them as a single PDF file
- it allows you to share your scans: automatically unload to Dropbox, Evernote, etc.

So the main difference is that you get a good looking PDF file, instead of a blurry image with background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.