PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal? Apple TV

fuzzynoise
Oct 10, 2009, 07:54 PM
Okay, I searched all day (wasted a Saturday) trying to figure out the deal is. My Apple TV is connected to my network (I can buy and download movies, songs, etc...), but yet it REFUSES to show up in iTunes 9!

I'm pulling my hair out. If I go to preferences and click on the Apple TV tab, it shows that it's there (it also shows syncing all the time) but it does NOT show up as a device in the left hand column.

I've did a factory re-install of Apple TV and re-installed iTunes 9... It worked at first (sort of), the apple tv kept disappearing from the left hand column... FINALLY it stayed and I was able to resync my whole library... everything seemed fine... But alas, I started iTunes about an hour later and what do you know... the apple tv is not listed again. I've verified that it's connected to my network.

Any help?? I've tried other solutions and they haven't worked yet. Is there some kind of bug in iTunes 9???

ozarkchoir
Oct 12, 2009, 11:59 AM
if both your Apple TV and your computer are on the same wireless network. I also was pulling my hair out when I couldn't figure out why my :apple: TV was there but not syncing with iTunes. I figured out that in my building my Apple TV was on my network but my computer had somehow jumped on another network.

Hope this helps!