PDA

View Full Version : My Co-Staring role at MacWorld Boston

wdlove
Jul 16, 2004, 07:38 PM
My wife & I attended a one hour program at MacWorld on Thursday July 15th. During the one hour program on iDVD we filmed a movie using iDVD to edit.

http://davidpogue.com/expo.mov

Dros
Jul 16, 2004, 08:03 PM
That was a funny movie. You filmed that? Good job. Was that you talking?

iJon
Jul 16, 2004, 08:19 PM
wow that was great.that was an awful speech. remind me of my networking class a couple of years ago, so boring.

iJon

wdlove
Jul 16, 2004, 09:21 PM
That was a funny movie. You filmed that? Good job. Was that you talking?

David Pogue was the director and filmed with a Sony Camcorder. Yes, the was my voice. My direction was to be monotone.

Dros
Jul 17, 2004, 12:15 AM
Well, I thought it was a brilliant role. You should take up a new career on the stage! I especially liked the bit "would be 1 point 1 point 1 point 1".

Did your wife get to play a part? Was that her at the end? I liked that conversation as well. They should edit it down and release it as an ad nationwide!

wdlove
Jul 17, 2004, 03:05 PM
Well, I thought it was a brilliant role. You should take up a new career on the stage! I especially liked the bit "would be 1 point 1 point 1 point 1".

Did your wife get to play a part? Was that her at the end? I liked that conversation as well. They should edit it down and release it as an ad nationwide!

My wife was part of the audience, so you could see her near the end of panning the audience. She was next to the guy in the red shirt. That thought ran through my mind, if David Pogue was doing this for Apple. That would be awesome if it occurred.

David Pogue is very friendly, intelligent, and talented. My wife took a picture of us together. Also got his signature of a couple of books we purchased.

Interesting to see how a movie is made. That was how he approached the subject.

poopyhead
Jul 17, 2004, 05:19 PM
I could be wrong but that ipod looks different

anyone else notice that that is the new ipod that they are releasing on monday. notice the lack of round buttons and the new buttons placement around the scroll wheel.

Nykwil
Jul 17, 2004, 05:44 PM
I could be wrong but that ipod looks different

anyone else notice that that is the new ipod that they are releasing on monday. notice the lack of round buttons and the new buttons placement around the scroll wheel.

uhm....that's the 2nd gen ipod

it's NOT new

poopyhead
Jul 17, 2004, 05:49 PM

it's NOT new

umm. . .
sorry

croooow
Jul 18, 2004, 09:56 AM

it's NOT new

4th generation is going "retro" all the way back to 2001.

irmongoose
Jul 18, 2004, 10:39 AM
Hilarious :D Hmm... that gives me a good idea for my own movie... :p

How did you end up making a movie with David Pogue? Can you fill me in?

irmongoose

Doctor Q
Jul 18, 2004, 11:14 AM
How did you end up making a movie with David Pogue? Can you fill me in?David Pogue was teaching a class at Macworld Boston.

irmongoose
Jul 18, 2004, 11:15 AM
Ah, was it a beginner's movie making class or something?
Makes sense now... thanks.

irmongoose

Counterfit
Jul 18, 2004, 03:03 PM
I listened to him on wednesday in the User Group Lounge. He was supposed to be talking about technology in the next 10 years, but it ended up being all about the new voting machines and such. Funny guy though :D

wdlove
Jul 18, 2004, 07:05 PM
I listened to him on wednesday in the User Group Lounge. He was supposed to be talking about technology in the next 10 years, but it ended up being all about the new voting machines and such. Funny guy though :D

I was in that class also. The voting machine talk was interesting. Would have really liked to hear more about his 10 year predictions also. In another class he mentioned that Blue Tooth was hear to stay. Voice recognition didn't have much of a future, better off getting a PC on eBay and using Naturally Speaking and then transfer the data.

Sad that have had a chance to meet you Counterfit, I was the tallest guy in the meeting.

irmongoose, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. He ask for volunteers.

Counterfit
Jul 18, 2004, 11:30 PM
I was in that class also. The voting machine talk was interesting. Would have really liked to hear more about his 10 year predictions also. In another class he mentioned that Blue Tooth was hear to stay. Voice recognition didn't have much of a future, better off getting a PC on eBay and using Naturally Speaking and then transfer the data. That was the same one...

Sad that have had a chance to meet you Counterfit, I was the tallest guy in the meeting. I was in the back, after I looked at my phone and said "Holy crap David Pogue started 15 minutes ago!" ALthough I think I saw you, but I didn't recognize you ;)

However, I did meet two guys from Macfora on Tuesday. :)

wdlove
Jul 19, 2004, 11:07 AM
That was the same one...

I was in the back, after I looked at my phone and said "Holy crap David Pogue started 15 minutes ago!" ALthough I think I saw you, but I didn't recognize you ;)

Well we can always try to meet at MacWorld 2005. You have the advantage, now you know what I look like.