Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

U2Rules!

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Minnesota
I've had a standing order with apple for an Silver iPod mini since June 30th, the latest info says shipping Aug 2nd. Im dying to get this....anyway... I'm at Target buying "essentials" and I happen to wander by the MP3 section and see a sign for iPod minis. I don't see any iPods anywhere so I think this is a mistake or at least they're sold out. I ask anyway, and to my shock, surprise, and delight the kid helping me says..."I'll check in the back, what color did you want," I say "silver." Two minutes later he's back with my Silver iPod mini and I'm ecstatic. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd finally get my mini from Target. To heck with apple.com, they can take their Aug 2nd shipping date and forget it!

I love my Mini! :)

thehuncamunca

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2003
NJ
i've seen some ipod minis at best buy and compusa they've been in stock for the past couple months, granted neither has all the colors
guess apple is trying to build up a stock of ipod minis elsewhere and leaving few to forfill web orders

U2Rules! said:
I've had a standing order with apple for an Silver iPod mini since June 30th, the latest info says shipping Aug 2nd. Im dying to get this....anyway... I'm at Target buying "essentials" and I happen to wander by the MP3 section and see a sign for iPod minis. I don't see any iPods anywhere so I think this is a mistake or at least they're sold out. I ask anyway, and to my shock, surprise, and delight the kid helping me says..."I'll check in the back, what color did you want," I say "silver." Two minutes later he's back with my Silver iPod mini and I'm ecstatic. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd finally get my mini from Target. To heck with apple.com, they can take their Aug 2nd shipping date and forget it!

I love my Mini! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.