PDA

View Full Version : If and I hope never...

_bnkr612
Jul 16, 2004, 11:15 PM
If Apple were to go out of the computer business and focus all of their money and time into entertainment, what would your alternative route be to avoid using a PC?

I would cry and use my G5 until it just basically stops.

Cheers,
bnkr

Doctor Q
Jul 17, 2004, 01:10 AM
I'd buy a whole bunch of leftover Mac inventory, enough to last me a decade or two.

After that, I'd just have to join a group for recovering Mac users.

Or get out an abacus to handle my computing needs.

me_94501
Jul 17, 2004, 01:45 AM
I'd run my Mac until it dies and after that ditch computers altogether.

virividox
Jul 17, 2004, 02:39 AM
id buy enough macs to last me forever

Abstract
Jul 17, 2004, 07:45 AM
I'd wait for years upon years until Longhorn comes out, and begin using computers once again. It'll be close enough to OSX that I'll still be happy. :)

No real loyalty to Apple, but if Apple wasn't in the computer industry anymore, and MS made an OS as good as Panther is, then I'd have no reason not to use computers.

Stike
Jul 17, 2004, 09:59 AM
I would start to support AMIGA Inc. again! :D

stoid
Jul 17, 2004, 10:53 AM
Hide on a swampy planet in the far reaches of the galaxy, I would. :D

edesignuk
Jul 17, 2004, 11:11 AM
I'd get over myself and just use a PC, like I am at the moment :rolleyes:, but I might flick back to my Mac in a second :)

musicpyrite
Jul 17, 2004, 11:29 AM
Use my Mac untill it becomes too old to use, then I'd either:

use Linux.

or

give up computers all together.

AmigoMac
Jul 17, 2004, 05:25 PM
No way around... *nix systems are for me, I've starting learning Unix pretty hard and couldn't see my way on MS again, ... OK , out of work, I hope someday the simulation software company will take a look at apple and the G5... grrr.. why don't you ask first the same question but with MS as main character...?

quagmire
Jul 17, 2004, 08:55 PM
I would round up all of you Mac loyalists at every mac forum and we all chip in to make a new company and resurrect the mac. Apple can't sue us since they dropped it. We would buy processors from moto first. Then when we are big enough buy processors from IBM.

Apple Hobo
Jul 18, 2004, 12:07 AM
I'd have a *BSD box. :cool: Windows makes me want to vomit. :p

jefhatfield
Jul 18, 2004, 12:20 AM
I'd run my Mac until it dies and after that ditch computers altogether.

yeah i would ditch computers too and use a weak substitute called a pc ;)

mgargan1
Jul 19, 2004, 10:04 PM
i would buy the crappiest/cheapest computer i could, knowing that i was going to need to upgrade in a year, and knowing that i was just going to get spyware and all that crap on my computer anyway... but i would not buy a dell... i'll tell you that much... making it is the way to go, and it's kinda fun too...

jsw
Jul 19, 2004, 10:24 PM
I'd go back to my dual-133MHz 603e BeBox. That OS is never going to be upgraded, so it'll always run the "latest" software as well as it does now! And there will never be a BeOS virus, guaranteed!