PDA

View Full Version : 6800 Ultra for G4 or G5 $99

MacVidCards
Oct 12, 2009, 04:20 AM
Saw this on Ebay, or you can get from their site:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250511111215

If you have a Quicksilver or Digital Audio G4 or any of the AGP G5 machines, this is a bargain. (Dual 2.7?)

With just a few tiny changes, you can use the 6800GT ROM that Arti wrote for Macelite. You need an AGP PC or some serious terminal skills to flash, but well worth it.

Only big minus is lack of Dual Link support. (no 30" displays)

Where else are you gonna get a NEW 6800 for AGP Mac for $99?

(I do not own Tiger DIrect nor am I in any way affiliated with them. I get no benefit or $$$ for pointing this out)

OrangeSVTguy
Oct 20, 2009, 06:15 PM
I just won one on ebay for $48 and free shipping. Yup it's going in my G5 :D. I already pitched the crappy 5200 on ebay and sold within 30 minutes for $75 :confused:. I just don't get it?

I put in my max bid before going to work, came home from work today and saw that lovely email that I won :D. Now I gotta wait 2 days for shipping :(.

OrangeSVTguy
Oct 20, 2009, 11:08 PM
Just curious though, the eVGA 6800 Ultra has 2 molex power connections on the card, can those both be split on the DVD optical drive power connection?

I've searched but I can't come up with nothing. So you can flash an Nvidia card on a Mac without a PC using terminal? I've flashed many ATI cards before both on a PC and on the Mac through a VNC connection and never hand any trouble. This will be my first time flashing an Nvidia card...

I'm currently using my G5 through VNC since it is headless right now, no graphics card either until my 6800 comes in.