Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptiledude4

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Which one do you use? I prefer iWork by far, but am forced to use Office b/c my college only uses Office. Tell us your opinions..

Genesiscreative

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2009
iWork by far. With the abilty to open ms office and export as ms office why spend the extra money and contribute to Microsofts profit machine?

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
SP2 for Mac Office 2008 sped things up for me. It made Office much faster, same speed as iWork on my mac. It gives me a good feeling of what's possible for the next major version of Mac Office that will include Outlook. Hopefully MS will realize that they could get serious cash if Office suite on Mac is just as good on Windows cuz people will pay serious cash for it. Don't hate the competition, provide better options and your competition will go away by itself.

As for the question of between Office and iWork, unfortunately, I rather have Office 2007 for Windows than any Mac office suite. There's just isn't any good ones. iWork just is pretty but not fully functional, Numbers needs to get additional functions that's as good as Excel and it needs to get smarter and dynamic chart options. Either I'm blind or Numbers just can't figure out how to adjust the chart by dates that's generated from my date columns. They just don't work as well as Excel does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.