Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lollicup

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009
Anyone else use these earbuds? I take it these don't have the start/stop/skip function for use on the iPhone?

It's not like amazon has reviews or anything... :rolleyes:

OP thank you for the heads up I ordered two pairs :)

I'll post a review if you guys want

lollicup

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009
Got two pair

overall really not impressed, I can't believe people would pay more than $20 bucks

for $13 I can't complain

They are waaay too bassy and the highs are pretty muted

I will be modifying one set (removing the paper filter to bring up the highs. I will try to take them apart and put them back together in way to remove a lot of the bass)

They do look good and are comfortable btw

mikerains

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
Got two pair

overall really not impressed, I can't believe people would pay more than $20 bucks

for $13 I can't complain

They are waaay too bassy and the highs are pretty muted

I will be modifying one set (removing the paper filter to bring up the highs. I will try to take them apart and put them back together in way to remove a lot of the bass)

They do look good and are comfortable btw

I'm curious, did you do the burn in like they recommend? After doing a burn in for 24 hours the sound really opened up for me.

mikerains

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
This deal just got sweeter. The Onyx Black color are finally on sale. Also, if you add a Samba Travel Case to your order you will save an additional $4. For both items together it is $22.98.

The Samba is a nice case. It is sturdy and great for travel. I use mine to store my iPod when not in use. The iPod fits perfectly, and still has room for me to store my earbuds, and other digital accessories. I usually throw in a couple extra memory cards for my camera when I travel.

510a5ZBgqhL._AA280_.jpg

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
This deal just got sweeter. The Onyx Black color are finally on sale. Also, if you add a Samba Travel Case to your order you will save an additional $4. For both items together it is $22.98.

The Samba is a nice case. It is sturdy and great for travel. I use mine to store my iPod when not in use. The iPod fits perfectly, and still has room for me to store my earbuds, and other digital accessories. I usually throw in a couple extra memory cards for my camera when I travel.

510a5ZBgqhL._AA280_.jpg

Nice travel case! If I needed earbuds I'd consider this!

lollicup

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009
something tells me mikerains works for Jbuds ( all 4 of his posts on this forum have been in this thread)

I have used the j2 buds for about 2 weeks now, and they still sound muted

def worth 13 bucks, but I would never pay more than $20.00

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.