Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itemobile

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
I have made a VB app that I want to somehow port over to XCode and then into my own app to run on my iPhone. The program simply finds a text box, enters a random number, and submits. It counts how many times it does it. This is a app used to test databases I create for customers. Could someone help me out? Thank you in advance!

larkost

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2007
I have made a VB app that I want to somehow port over to XCode and then into my own app to run on my iPhone. The program simply finds a text box, enters a random number, and submits. It counts how many times it does it. This is a app used to test databases I create for customers. Could someone help me out? Thank you in advance!

You are going to have to be a bit more specific about what you want done. And the counterpart to VisualBasic is not XCode (an IDE) but rather AppleScript.

My best guess for what you are doing is testing a database-backed web page. And unfortunately Safari is not really very scriptable for this sort of a purpose (you can do it, but it is difficult). You are going to have to be much more specific to get any real answer though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.