PDA

View Full Version : Those of us waiting for our orders...

atszyman
Jul 17, 2004, 07:53 PM
Just a thought I've had to see if there are any patterns for those of us who are waiting for new Apple computers. There may be a pattern of BTO options that delay shipments more than others. Or it may point to the iPods that are supposed to be announced on Monday.

What BTO options did you select, what else did you buy with your computer, and when is your expected ship date?

I'll start
15" PB with 128MB VRAM upgrade, 5400 rpm HD, and FCE pre-installed.

I also got the Brenthaven shoulder bag, a 40 GB iPod, miscellaneous accessories for the ipod (FM transmitter, extra cables, mount and car power adaptor), AppleCare for the iPod and PB, and an extra battery for the PowerBook.

I also told them to ship everything together.

Expected ship date on or before July 20th.

Xenious
Jul 17, 2004, 09:21 PM
I'm shipping seperately so Tuesday I will have my new 23" with my BTO 2.5 being the only thing left.

I upgraded to the 250gig HD, 1 gig mem, built in bluetooth and airport extreme. Expected ship date - on or before July 30th.
-jim

realityisterror
Jul 17, 2004, 10:00 PM
hope you canceled that order for the ipod... :D

reality

atszyman
Jul 17, 2004, 11:32 PM
hope you canceled that order for the ipod... :D

reality

Actually that's one of my theories as to why it is not shipping until the 20th. I think that they may already be out of stock on the 3rd gen 40 GB iPods. Note that the estimated ship date is suspiciously one day after the supposed announcement, despite the fact that the PB was the long lead at 3-5 days to ship. From the 9th to the 20th is 8 business days, not 3-5 like the checkout screen said.

As for the rumored price drops, they haven't shipped or billed me yet so if there is a price drop on Monday it should all be good. If there is a price drop and I don't get it I will be more than a little PO'ed. Of course I should mention that due to grad school this is all through the edu pricing with the Cram and Jam thrown in. I really can't complain too much about missing a $20 price cut when I've effectively gotten $230 off the price. :)

shadowband
Jul 18, 2004, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by atszyman
Just a thought I've had to see if there are any patterns for those of us who are waiting for new Apple computers. There may be a pattern of BTO options that delay shipments more than others.
I ordered the dual 2.0 G5 with the following upgrades: ATI 9600, 1GB ram, 500GB disk, and the FCE pre-install special. I ordered on 6/28 and had an original estimated ship date of 7/8. On 7/9, my ship date was pushed out to 7/23, but it actually shipped on 7/15. What's interesting is that someone else on this board also ordered a dual 2.0 with ATI 9600 on 6/28. His ship estimates slipped exactly in sync with mine, but his actual ship date beat mine by three days:confused:. My guess is that the FCE pre-install added three days to the BTO process.

thehuncamunca
Jul 18, 2004, 08:53 PM
i just bought the 1.2GHz ibook BTO with BT, ordered it on thursday night and it was delivered to my house monday morning, i was amazed that they got it here so fast

Just a thought I've had to see if there are any patterns for those of us who are waiting for new Apple computers. There may be a pattern of BTO options that delay shipments more than others. Or it may point to the iPods that are supposed to be announced on Monday.

What BTO options did you select, what else did you buy with your computer, and when is your expected ship date?

I'll start
15" PB with 128MB VRAM upgrade, 5400 rpm HD, and FCE pre-installed.

I also got the Brenthaven shoulder bag, a 40 GB iPod, miscellaneous accessories for the ipod (FM transmitter, extra cables, mount and car power adaptor), AppleCare for the iPod and PB, and an extra battery for the PowerBook.

I also told them to ship everything together.

Expected ship date on or before July 20th.

atszyman
Jul 19, 2004, 07:46 AM
FYI. As of this morning my order has automatically been modified to cancel the 3G iPod and has added the 4G at the new price. Gotta love that.

Edit : Of course now that I look it's been delayed another day, the expected ship date has moved from the 20th to the 21st.

Edit the edit : With the addition of the remote headphones and carrying case, which are not included with the 40 GB 4G iPod (according to the email from Apple) I am now delayed until the 23rd. At the rate I'm going they'll release a G5 PB and I won't see my order until I retire.

j62lee
Jul 19, 2004, 09:52 AM
I ordered a BTO 12" Powerbook with the 5400rpm 80GB hard drive on Jul 13th. Estimated ship date was July 19th, shipped from Apple on Jul 15th, and it should be here sometime today. Yay! :)

smurfsgonewild
Jul 19, 2004, 05:17 PM
I just ordered a 15" Pbook and a 4g Ipod and now the constant refreshing of the apple order page begins. Only BTO options I got were the backlit keyboard and the 80 gig 5400rpm hard drive.
I've got a order question though, I used my grandmother's credit card to order it and all the email's apple has sent me had her name on it and it's shipping to me. Will Apple realize this and still give me the education discount or will I have to call them to straighten it out? Thanks in advance.

micsaund
Jul 19, 2004, 05:48 PM
I just ordered a 15" Pbook and a 4g Ipod and now the constant refreshing of the apple order page begins. Only BTO options I got were the backlit keyboard and the 80 gig 5400rpm hard drive.
I've got a order question though, I used my grandmother's credit card to order it and all the email's apple has sent me had her name on it and it's shipping to me. Will Apple realize this and still give me the education discount or will I have to call them to straighten it out? Thanks in advance.

As long as you ordered via the Educational section of the website (and therefore saw the edu pricing), you should be good to go. If you ordered from the full-price section of the site, you need to get on the phone ASAP and call them to adjust or cancel.

paulypants
Jul 19, 2004, 07:32 PM
ordered powermac G5 and 20" display on thursday 7/15

G5 dual 2.0
1GB RAM
160GB HD
ATI 9600XT
Built-in Bluetooth

Ship date on or before 7/29

20'' Display

Ship date on or before 8/12

Thussy
Jul 19, 2004, 07:37 PM
15" Powerbook w/ 1.5 ghz, 1x512MB, 128mb vRam, 5400RPM 80 gig

AND

20gb 4th Gen iPod

Ordered it today.. hopefully i'll have it all Friday!!!!!

tekno_geek911
Jul 19, 2004, 08:03 PM
IPOD 20G W/CLICK WHEEL-USA

On or before
07/22/2004

IPOD W/CLICK WHEEL DOCK KIT-GEN

On or before
08/03/2004

Im just mad I didnt get the 2 day shipping,I wasnt thinking!

PeterD42
Jul 20, 2004, 05:34 AM
Have just ordered a 15" PB 5400 128mb ATI - says 6-8 days bulid time on the Apple site.
NB As a first time Mac buyer - you guys had better be right :rolleyes:

atszyman
Jul 20, 2004, 10:08 AM
Im just mad I didnt get the 2 day shipping,I wasnt thinking!

Have you tried calling the Apple to see if you can change the shipping options? I'm currently on hold to see if I can do it for my order since I'd really like to have it for the weekend.

Edit : Fairly painless. If all holds true I should have it by Tuesday at the latest. Hopefully by the weekend if everything ships tonight or tomorrow.
If you can survive the wait on hold they seem willing to change your shipping options provided that you are willing to pay for the expidited shipping.

paulypants
Jul 24, 2004, 10:55 PM
ordered powermac G5 and 20" display on thursday 7/15

G5 dual 2.0
1GB RAM
160GB HD
ATI 9600XT
Built-in Bluetooth

Ship date on or before 7/29

20'' Display

Ship date on or before 8/12

My PowerMac G5 shipped today (standard shipping)
Display still on or before 8/12...

[EDIT] Display shipped on 7/26...

PeterD42
Jul 27, 2004, 03:46 AM
PB arrived today 27/7/04 - ordered 21/7
It works as far as turning on - haven't had time to go further than that yet.

slughead
Jul 27, 2004, 11:36 AM

The pattern is how many beers the warehouse manager will drink in a given week.

condor
Jul 27, 2004, 12:40 PM
Ordered a 12" PB with the 5400 RPM drive on Wednesday, 7/21 with an estimated ship time of 1-2 days. After I ordered and checked my status online it said estimated ship date of Tuesday, July 27 (today!). However, as of 1:30 PM eastern time it hasn't shipped. My iPod left China last night and I got my printer last Friday and my .mac box yesterday. Talk about saving the best for last! Now I am optimistically hoping it will be here early next week, which will have been 2 weeks since I ordered. :(

edit: I just checked again right now and the estimated ship date has been bumped back to Friday, 7/30. What gives?!!!!

Vector
Jul 27, 2004, 03:37 PM
I ordered a 15" PB, a 40Gb iPod, and extra battery, and an Airport Express. Apple shipped my battery and iPod yesterday, but the airport express isn't supposed to ship for 3 weeks.

My PB is 1.5Ghz with 128vram, backlit keyboard, 5400rpm 80Gb HD, 512Mb RAM (1 module, to upgrade later).

To those of you whose BTO PB has shipped, where have they been shipping from?

manosira
Jul 27, 2004, 03:43 PM
After reading the forums for months and deciding what to buy, I finally made my order this morning on the apple online store.

- 15" Powerbook G4, with 128 VRam, 1 512 MB, Keynote Added
- 20 Gig Click Ipod (Thanks to Cram & Jam Baby!)
- Epson R300 Printer

Est. Ship Date 8/3/04
I don't expect these to come all together, I'm just hopeing they will just come soon in time for school. :D

Chubby Cox
Jul 27, 2004, 04:34 PM
i ordered a 12" pb with hard drive upgrade on friday the 17th. estimated shipping was the 22nd, but its been bumped back to the 28th.

Chubby Cox
Jul 27, 2004, 04:41 PM
i ordered a 12" pb with hard drive upgrade on friday the 17th. estimated shipping was the 22nd, but its been bumped back to the 28th.
and it's just been bumped back again, to the 30th. hopefully i'll get it before i have to go back to school at the end of august...